An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1345600612' post='2471650']
On this matter of symbols i read that the pentegram was originally the royal seal of king solomon.
[/quote]

I have not read that before.

Vincent Vega

I really don't care. The only thing that would turn me off would be if it was like a Mike Tyson style face tattoo, but even then, there would probably be great and virtually irreconcilable personality/outlook differences that would pose bigger stumbling blocks than a bit of ink would.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1345593583' post='2471571']
Maybe. I wouldn't marry a smoker though. We give speeches where people are curious about me marrying a schizophrenic and I tell them that I'd marry a lunatic but not a smoker.
[/quote]

I'm with you. To me there is no worse fate than marrying a smoker. Smelling that disgusting smoke and having a pounding headache every day of my life are bad enough, but possibly getting cancer is reason enough not to do it, and putting me aside I wouldn't want my children anywhere near that sort of environment. Above all else I hate smoking simply because it smells so terrible. I'm not condemning anyone that smokes, I just feel very strongly in my opposition towards it. My father's parents both died at the age of 58 because of smoking, and as a result he has ingrained in us children a deep hatred towards it.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1345599290' post='2471622']
I don't see how it makes a difference in the slightest...

...unless it's his ex-girlfriend's name. :P
[/quote]

I love it when idiots do that. There's nothing more depressing than seeing some guy who didn't think things through with a tattoo that says "Rosa's Forever" and he is married to a woman named Karen. :hehe:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345600410' post='2471644']
The skull and crossbones has been used within Christianity as a reminder of the mortality of man, and apparently you can occasionally find crucifixes which integrate that symbol. :)
[/quote]

I just now realized that I actually have a crucifix with a skull and crossbones on the bottom. It belonged to my great-aunt.

MissScripture

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345602735' post='2471692']

I just now realized that I actually have a crucifix with a skull and crossbones on the bottom. It belonged to my great-aunt.
[/quote]
My sister, who is a Nashville Dominican has a skull and crossbones on the crucifix on her rosary.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='got2luvjc' timestamp='1345600287' post='2471640']
as a woman with 5 tattoos (all easily concealed), I would definitely marry someone with ink (as long as I don't disagree with the content of the tattoo... like skull & crossbones or something)
[/quote]

I could think of worse things than skull and crossbones... like my neighbors brother who has a naked succubus tattooed on his calf. When he's around the kids he puts a band-aid over her lady parts. :|

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1345592562' post='2471559']
I'm curious as to what people thinkof tatooed Priests and Religious...does it affect your opinion of them at all. For me it doesn't.
[/quote]

My Pastor has told us that he has a tattoo on his back of the cross and anchor, which is the symbol for the Congregation of Holy Cross, the order which he is a Priest. One of the seminarians I know for Holy cross has many tattoos, all of which are religious symbols and of his Alma Mater of Notre Dame.

To me it doesn't affect my opinion of them at all. They are great men just following God's call. Same thing for any other religious.

Edited by LinaSt.Cecilia2772

[quote name='got2luvjc' timestamp='1345600287' post='2471640']
as a woman with 5 tattoos (all easily concealed), I would definitely marry someone with ink (as long as I don't disagree with the content of the tattoo... like skull & crossbones or something)
[/quote]

slightly off-topic: you should share pictures!

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1345605461' post='2471736']
I'm sorry but the bandaid made me laugh. Lol.
[/quote]

He lived with his sister for a few months last summer. I saw the tat with the band aid off a few times. He skeeved me out.

MissScripture

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1345604374' post='2471709']
Would you put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari?
[/quote]
Depends on the bumper sticker. :|