An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted probably but it would depend on the person. If the tattoos were scandalous, then no, I wouldn't (or I would make him get them removed, somehow...) But generally, tattoos aren't inherently bad. If a guy was sweet and a faithful catholic then I think he is marriage worthy even with tattoos!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345601994' post='2471674']
I have not read that before.
[/quote]

It was a website i read it on, but i can't remeber what website, sorry :( christian or catholic symbols.com, but that is a wild guest, a novitiate brother showed it to me.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

I saw a waitress in Texarkana who had five names on her shoulder, the top four had been crossed out. Now I can understand doing that once. I understand an actress had to get a tattoo that said Billy Bob taken off. After the first one, I'd think the waitress would have understood that tattoos were permanent. On the other hand, maybe she had been widowed four times.

franciscanheart

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1345610037' post='2471799']
I saw a waitress in Texarkana who had five names on her shoulder, the top four had been crossed out. Now I can understand doing that once. I understand an actress had to get a tattoo that said Billy Bob taken off. After the first one, I'd think the waitress would have understood that tattoos were permanent. On the other hand, maybe she had been widowed four times.
[/quote]
After a certain point, it becomes funny.

Maximilianus

[/quote]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/Norman-Rockwell-Tattoo-detail.jpg?t=1345612236[/img]

PhuturePriest

I saw this thread and I thought it said "Would You Marry Someone With Tacos?" It's either I am tired, or I have been on Phatmass for [size=5][size=7]way [size=4]too long. :|[/size][/size][/size]

Ash Wednesday

I'm already married, but I don't think I'd care if my husband had any. So long as it wasn't something really stupid in an obvious place like his forehead or so completely obliterated his entire identity in ink. I don't think he'd care if I had any, either.

He's not particularly interested in them, and I'm worried I'd get bored looking at whatever I had, so we never got any.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1345602171' post='2471679']
I really don't care. The only thing that would turn me off would be if it was like a Mike Tyson style face tattoo, but even then, there would probably be great and virtually irreconcilable personality/outlook differences that would pose bigger stumbling blocks than a bit of ink would.
[/quote]

so you got a thing for Mike Tyson? ew dood.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345606962' post='2471762']
And you shouldn't assume we're all Ferraris. :|
[/quote]

True dat. I am more like a hamstermobile. You would be....a bentley I think.

[/quote]

Maybe this is her equivalent of notches on the bedpost.

Or perhaps she is a professional hitwoman and this is how she likes to record her commissions.

Double post.

On a serious note, it would depend on what the tattoos were. Someone who has tattooed love for Top Gear or a page-three model on his chest is not appealing to me.

Edited by beatitude

Marie-Therese

I have tats. Nick doesn't have any but I wouldn't care if he did. I might reserve a veto right if he wanted to get something ugly or stupid. He says that he likes mine, but they are all pretty unoffensive material (mostly flowers and butterflies) and they all have individual meaning. I might get one or two more, depending.

I have a tattoo of DuSt on my chest. It's like he's clawing his way out of my ribcage, and his face is all contorted with rage.

I'm going to get one of my mother in law, designed so that when my shirt is off, she's looking disapprovingly at my wife.

The more I think about it, the more I care about what is depicted in the actual tattoo and what it means to the guy.

A fellow I know had his favorite football team's logo tattooed on his arm after his divorce (in his mid 30s). He was not affiliated with the team in any way. Even though it was positioned to be easily concealed, I thought it was somewhat silly for a grown man, a father, to have that inked. In my opinion, he has not made many mature or responsible decisions since then.