An Old School Catholic Message Board

Favorite Religious Habit

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

Just wondering...what are ya'll's favorite religious habits? And why? :smile2: I like the Dominican habits a lot...for a lot of reasons.

DiscerningCatholic

I love the Sisters of Life's habits as well; they're almost identical to the Dominican habits (particularly the DSMME habits), but they're blue! :woot:

ToJesusMyHeart

Aren't the SOL habits more similar to the Nashies, because the DSMME's veils have a thinner white part, but the SOL veil looks like the Nashie veil, except blue instead of black?

:think:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1346883102' post='2479061']
Aren't the SOL habits more similar to the Nashies, because the DSMME's veils have a thinner white part, but the SOL veil looks like the Nashie veil, except blue instead of black?

[/quote]
'Tis true! I don't really notice it unless I really look, though.

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1346883102' post='2479061']

[/quote]

Yes, the ND/SOL veils are more similar, but the ND's don't have a medal/necklace (?), so the DSMME/SOL are more similar in that way.

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346888111' post='2479102']
Yes, the ND/SOL veils are more similar, but the ND's don't have a medal/necklace (?), so the DSMME/SOL are more similar in that way.
[/quote]

YES. That's exactly what I was going to say! I love how the habits look with the necklaces/pendants/whatever you call 'ems. :)

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1346888235' post='2479103']
YES. That's exactly what I was going to say! I love how the habits look with the necklaces/pendants/whatever you call 'ems. :)
[/quote]

:love: Me too! I love their habits. I am applying to join a community of cloistered nuns, but I love the SOL habits so much that it's my avatar. The Sisters are just lovely, whether SOL, ND, DSMME, or whatever community they're with!

Edited by emmaberry

yes they are. Although the DSMMEs and the SOL have Cardinal O'Connor in common. The SOL were formed by the Nashies....

oh to tell you the truth I don't know that I have a favorite habit. I find them all beautiful, each of them express a sister's consecration to Christ in their own way.

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1346889809' post='2479126']
yes they are. Although the DSMMEs and the SOL have Cardinal O'Connor in common. The SOL were formed by the Nashies....

oh to tell you the truth I don't know that I have a favorite habit. I find them all beautiful, each of them express a sister's consecration to Christ in their own way.
[/quote]
THE SISTERS OF LIFE WERE FOUNDED BY THE ND'S??!??!??!?! HOW DID I MISS THIS?! I know that the DSMME were founded by members of the ND's, but I didn't know that about the Sisters of Life! : :dance2:

They weren't founded but formed. When the first sisters (along with Mother Agnes) were going through initial formation it was through the NDs (reason why they basically have a blue Dominican habit) then when the DSMMEs were forming (from the NDs) Cardinal O'Connor who was the founder of the SOL was helpful in that.

The Religieuses Victimes du Sacre-Coeur habit is amazing!!

But as I am a man, I really like the Jesuit habit. Also, the Redemptorist (along with the Transalpine Redemptorists) and Passionist. Especially the Dominican and Benedictine and Franciscan. Don't forget Carmelite. Or Augustinian....

I really can't decide. The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary habit is nice too.

I also love the SOL, ND/DSMME habits, but I really love love love the [url="http://www.dioceseofspokane.org/communications/ir_2008/ir061208/smmc.jpg"]SMMC habits[/url], so absolutely beautiful!!