An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

Ack. Boss called. I'm being put on a secondary project now, much like the Army Corps project. It's gonna run until May. I'll be given a weekly budget for it. My boss apparently bragged me up and got them to agree to pay me, but I haven't been told what exactly Mr. Boss said I can do. Part of me is excited to show off :flex2:  and make the extra money, but I'm also kinda freaking out because I have no idea what Mr. Boss is getting me into.

Ack. Boss called. I'm being put on a secondary project now, much like the Army Corps project. It's gonna run until May. I'll be given a weekly budget for it. My boss apparently bragged me up and got them to agree to pay me, but I haven't been told what exactly Mr. Boss said I can do. Part of me is excited to show off :flex2:  and make the extra money, but I'm also kinda freaking out because I have no idea what Mr. Boss is getting me into.

man-pulling-hair-out-21.jpg

"ATM" is internet speak for "At the moment" and has nothing to do with Automatic Teller Machines. However, I don't think parking a bus/house thing in the yard with a trellis over it would fly here. For one thing, I don't think there's a spot to park such a thing. You'd have to see our lot to see what I mean- you couldn't get the bus into the back yard, there isn't enough room to do it. Front yard, forget about it. Even in our somewhat slovenly part of town it wouldn't fly. Mom wouldn't like it either. :P

As for delivering a pet house... maybe some day when I'm feeling nomadic.

Well, I had some diet coke tonight...

Hoping things turn out OK. I suspect they will. I haven't felt giddy or strange or wild or anything. We'll see in about 45 mins when I need to sleep.

Ohhhhh...   oh my.......    diet coke?  with caffeine and everything? :eek:

I thought of you when my husband accidently got 4 2 liter bottles of DECAFFINATED diet coke... he looked so sad.... and all I could think was, these were delivered to the wrong city.....

Ohhhhh...   oh my.......    diet coke?  with caffeine and everything? :eek:

I thought of you when my husband accidently got 4 2 liter bottles of DECAFFINATED diet coke... he looked so sad.... and all I could think was, these were delivered to the wrong city.....

hahahaha! yes!

Wish I could send it to you... we. uh need the caffeine...

:unsure:

Wish I could send it to you... we. uh need the caffeine...

:unsure:

OK, so today I have been doing some planning:

Short term goals:

-Begin filing taxes for 2012. Figure out if I need to pay estimated tax in 2013. I will accomplish this with Turbo Tax running on my VM.

-Begin selling video game and old computer collection. I realized they're just taking up space and collecting dust, and I never use them.

-Establish simple contract with new client.

-Convert Neo-Geo joysticks to USB. Maybe redesign cases in acrylic and cut them out on the laser.

-Figure out daily schedule for sleep/work/exercise/play

Medium term goals:

-Set up book-keeping for 2013 in Quicken

-Make plans to resume product design and marketing cycle for personal business

Long term goals:

-Pay off student loans. I have 2 loans left, one is smaller than the other. I'd love to be able to snowball it out in 2 years. The bigger one will likely take 5 years. This could happen much faster if I made more money...

Also to be added to the short-term list:

Buy more toothpaste already!

And now, a dramatic re-enactment!

Me, talking to my sister: "So I was reading about distributism today."

Sarah: "Oh, that's cool. What's that all about?"

Me: "3 acres and a cow!"

Sarah: "Um, a cow? What?"

Me: "It's Chesterton's metaphor for owning means of production in order to be free and prosperous!"

Sarah: "So...."

Me: "My laser is now a cow!"