An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

:hehe: That was when I was waking up :P

Waking up?  I was winding down!   SO.. .that means that 24 7 we got Phatmass and this thread covered in prayer..... and good music ... Not bad...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Those stuffed toys are SO CUTE!!!

Hey, Tricia!!!   Good to 'see' you!   Hope things are going better for you.....   prayers.....

Going to a party tonight. What do I wear? It's our young adults group Really Late Epiphany Party. I know next to nothing about what this party is gonna be like. Hence the conundrum of what to wear.

Will a collared shirt and tie be too much? How about just the collared shirt? If I have a shirt and tie, do I wear the vest for some extra flash? Or should I be dressing casual? WAT DO?

To Jesus Through Mary

IMO- no tie. I have never been to a YA party that was formal. I would say slacks and a polo type shirt. If not a nice pair of jeans and a polo. :) Have fun!! 

I'd say clothes are always called for.  I'm stuffy.

Unless they told you it was a 'semi-formal' kind of evening, I agree with what TJTM said.  We used to have a 'semi-formal' thing each year during the holidays, but they made a BIG point that this was a dress-up night.  Otherwise, casual....

No chance to wear the fancy tie & vest this time, sir....

Made up a nice breakfast this morning. I diced up some ham and green peppers very small and put them in the pan to cook a little bit, then mixed some eggs and a teaspoon of heavy cream together and poured it over the top and scrambled it all up. A bit more hearty than I usually do for breakfast, but it's a feast day. And my sister wanted eggs, so we shared them. Tasty. :)

Edited by arfink

Somebody is doing nice things and is on a healthy kick!    WAY TO GO!!!!

Reposted this from the Random Photos thread -- liked it so much it really needed 2 venues....

Here's the full article - Some of these sound silly... but some actually might make some sense...

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/list/201301/30-easy-ways-cut-calories#1

2-SH-159050907.jpg

"When a craving strikes, make a fist. In a study published in the "Journal of Consumer Research," people who tightened their muscles (regardless of which ones) while trying to exert self-control in their food choices were better able to overcome temptations. Our mind-body connection associates firm muscles with firm willpower."

THAT is hilarious!!!!     Can't you see what the mythbusters would do with that one?

I'd also like to see if it is JUST the Gangnam video that rivets that kid... but there is something to it...

I know that one of the first things they tell you in a food control program (never say d**t) -- is to WALK AWAY FROM THE TV OR COMPUTER during meals.. because you will eat more if you are watching TV, and have less awareness of portions and types of food.  Interesting......

on the whole willpower thing... that article has a really interesting group of suggestions.  Some of them I am gonna be trying... and not just on FOOD cravings, either...

Hey ARFink.... what are you doing to the hand.... I am nervous/curious.  Also... you're left handed I think -- drawing right hand or left hand?

my+hand.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

What am I doing to the hand? Oh, an experiment, imitating what I saw someone else do in an illustration, but with faces. I figured a hand would be perhaps a bit cooler to do it with. and would be less... uncanny. I need to refine my lines a bit before I do it though. I'll give it a shot today.

It's not graphic at all... but it is a bit unusual. However, the technique is something I'm really aching to try out, that's why I'm doing it.

http://www.jazjaz.net/2012/02/future-faces-cyborg-heads-under-assembly.html

And yes, I am left handed. :) VERY left handed, I should say, to the point of finding my right hand almost useless for most tasks.

What am I doing to the hand? Oh, an experiment, imitating what I saw someone else do in an illustration, but with faces. I figured a hand would be perhaps a bit cooler to do it with. and would be less... uncanny. I need to refine my lines a bit before I do it though. I'll give it a shot today.

It's not graphic at all... but it is a bit unusual. However, the technique is something I'm really aching to try out, that's why I'm doing it.

http://www.jazjaz.net/2012/02/future-faces-cyborg-heads-under-assembly.html

Hm... OK.... kind of a 21st century anatomical exercise....

Human%20Anatomy%20(Folio%20I,%20II)%2056

http://artistanatomy.com/artist_anatomy_idealized_proportion_plates.html

check out the above link... really interesting....

And yes, I am left handed. :) VERY left handed, I should say, to the point of finding my right hand almost useless for most tasks.

OK, this is the curious counselor in me coming out.... and you don't have to answer this....   when I was given some testing that confirmed my own learning disabilities, at one point they were fascinated because I completed a puzzle VERY quickly and completely upside down.  Apparently they felt it was super diagnostic or some such thing.

I am asking because.... you have dropped in a drawing of your left hand... but you draw with your left hand.  Were you modeling off your right hand and reversed it... or did you actually draw your left hand WITH your left hand.... I have a follow-up question ready after you answer that... and I can almost see you scrunching head and hand around 'cause I do the same kind of thing.....

Ball in your court....

Edited by AnneLine