An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

Sounds like you had a nice dinner. :)

Dad decided that we were going to Culvers in the afternoon, instead of letting me make pasta. Works for me.

Well, tonight our little study group read about anti-popes and the black plague and other things. And also there was much confusion over John XXIII, because apparently the first John XIII was an anti-pope, while there was also the totally legit Pope John XXIII much later in history. Huh.

Yup, ancient history to us dinosaurs.... ;)   Uh.. think there is a 'Roman typo' in the 2nd to last line....

Edited by AnneLine

Huh?   At first I thought 19A0's was another typo, this time for 1940's.   You thought I wouldn't figure this out.   Well.... hmmm..  you're right, I don't get it.   I need a diet coke BAD....

I'll explain it later. It's very very very VERY niche. This flavor of nostalgia is best enjoyed by those young enough to just have the fuzziest of memories during the 1980s and 1990s.

fuzzy memories of the 1980's and 1990's.   You mean the way I feel about the late 1950's and very early 1960's?  OK.... 

Now that we have our cohorts settled....

Edited by AnneLine

I'll explain it later. It's very very very VERY niche. This flavor of nostalgia is best enjoyed by those young enough to just have the fuzziest of memories during the 1980s and 1990s.

fuzzy memories of the 1980's and 1990's. You mean the way I feel about the late 1950's and very early 1960's? OK....

Now that we have our cohorts settled....

Actually... one of MY favorite memories from that period (when I was very small) was the realization that ... if I waited until my parents were asleep.... and then crept quietly from my bed... the house would be MINE.   All MINE.    So... I tried it.  I waited till all the lights went out.... quietly turned on the light.   Nothing happened.  Moved across the room to my bookcase... stilll all clear.  Selected the desired book - and that I remember the title tells me 1) how young I was and 2) what a strong memory it was... it was:

510sz8X6F5L._SL500_AA300_.jpgHardcover, 1957

I went back to bed and read the whole thing.... probably 30 minutes of illicit joy.... and then replaced the book on the shelf and went to sleep....   I don't think my parents ever knew.... ;)

Yup, a confirmed night owl even at 5 or 6 years of age ....

But I am trying to mend my ways, so I am signing off now...  Paul Revere isn't in the book case any more, but that book case is in our guest room... and I will get a book and put myself to sleep with it in about... .30 mins.  

See you all later!

Edited by AnneLine

Today a thousand little things have been beating against me, trying to break me down. I'm gonna stand with God though. He will shield me, prop me up, make me stronger yet.

Edited by arfink

I also think some Minecraft is in order this afternoon/evening. Gotta burn some of this stuff off and forget about it for a while.

To Jesus Through Mary
Today a thousand little things have been beating against me, trying to break me down. I'm gonna stand with God though. He will shield me, prop me up, make me stronger yet.

Indeed He will. Praying for you.