An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emmaberry's Pcc Countdown

emmaberry101

O Antiphon of the Day: O Dayspring

For the "Advent Poem of the Day" from now until Christmas Eve, I have posted Christmas at Greccio, A Christmas Play in One Act by Mother Francis, PCC (click on picture for link). If anyone "clicks" before I am done editing the images (for better readability), my apologies! 

IMG_2024.JPG

How are your parents and family doing with being at peace with your vocation by this point, Emma?  It can be really hard for them, and I am holding them in my heart in a very special way these days...

My apologies AnneLine! I knew there was something I forgot. :doh:

My parents are doing well. THANK YOU for your prayers and keeping them in your thoughts.. I know you have a lot going on and I really appreciate it!

It is strange, it is almost as if the closer my entrance date becomes the easier it is for them to swallow. It is still hard on them, but I think before they saw it as some looming event waiting to devour them (they may even say it was like a countdown to my death in their minds). Now they are realizing that it is not too different from me going away to college, and we made it through that just fine. If I persevere for the first months of postulancy, I will see them in four months. Not such a long hard separation, especially with letters in between.

I think this may also stem from a realization that a lot of people (most perhaps) don't see their adult kids every 4 months/3x a year. In a way, I will probably be seeing them more often than I would have if I had moved into the city and became the lawyer I thought I wanted to be.

Also, they are beginning to take some pride in their daughter being a nun (I have told them that I won't be a "nun" for a long time, but that doesn't stop them!) My dad especially had a hard time letting go of the bragging rights he would have had if I followed in his footsteps and became a lawyer. It's good to see him taking pride in the Poor Clares and realizing that he can take pride in this too.

Wooh! Sorry that is so long. http-%253A%253Awww.phatmass.com%253Aphor

Hitting the road for the cowboys' game tomorrow..will be great bonding time with my dad and brother. Please pray for safe travel for all who are traveling this weekend! Thanks pham.

Edited by emmaberry101

O Antiphon of the Day: O King of the Nations

Thanks Chiara Francesco! A Merry (Franciscan) Christmas to you too..and let us hope it is our last outside of the cloister!

PS What a beautiful image. :love:

Edited by emmaberry101

ToJesusMyHeart

Emma, so excited for your upcoming journey into the heart of solitude and poverty (and into His heart in a special way)!

How many days away is it now?  :cloud9:

Thanks ToJesusMyHeart! Oh hmm I think it is about 22 days until I leave for Roswell.. 2 of those days are Holidays, so it will feel like far less!

I'm sure you are super busy, but I would really love to hear if you discern more with the Sisters of Life. I so admire their community..they are wonderful. :love:

Edited by emmaberry101

ToJesusMyHeart

I'll PM you before I go to bed tonight. :) 

I so admire YOUR community! Talk about beauty, and unyielding devotion. I like that we're both from Texas and we've both met the Sisters of Life. I will keep your Texan vocation close to my prayer intentions in the next few weeks, and even more so during your time of postulancy. :)

LAST O Antiphon of the Day (can you believe it!?): O Emmanuel!

EDIT: I wanted to ask (so not related to Vocations, sorry!) if there was a way to ignore things on VS? Nothing is wrong, I am just trying to help along my weak self-will concerning time spent here.. You could almost say VS is TOO great! :P

For the "Advent Poem of the Day" from now until Christmas Eve, I have posted Christmas at Greccio, A Christmas Play in One Act by Mother Francis, PCC (click on picture for link). If anyone "clicks" before I am done editing the images (for better readability), my apologies! 

IMG_2024.JPG
Edited by emmaberry101

A Merry Christmas Eve to you all, pham!

(Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow!)

Christmas Eve Poem of the Day

Colloquy at the Crib

THE WORSHIPPERS:

Sleep, little Child, 

For Day has gone into her occident chamber

And the singing night wonders,

Finding you heedless of lullaby.

Fold now on your warm breast

The arms stretched daylong wide

And clasp the flowers of your reaching hands.

Close now the shutters of your vigilant eyes.

Sleep, little Child, for we must leave you now.

THE CHILD:

No, it may be someone will lately come.

Some restless heart may seek me in the night

Or some chance reveller see the glow

Of my unshuttered eyes.

My vigil is forever.

THE WORSHIPPERS:

But sleep, little Child.

All they who love you come day by day

And night is for repose.

Your feathered carollers are round with sleep.

The weary ox's dreams are bright with angel voices,

And the ass sleeps on.

THE CHILD:

O yet, perhaps, one songless heart may find me

When the wheeling world has spun to rest.

I shall not ever clasp my infinite hands,

Nor shall I fold my everlasting arms.

But if one day, too weary,

My eager arms would fall,

I shall take care and see that they are nailed.

-Mother Mary Francis, PCC

Jesus_and_Mary_Manger_by_BNW2040.jpg

Edited by emmaberry101

I've never seen that drawing/painting/portrait before! It is stunning! Do you know who the artist is?

Yes, I agree ToJesusMyHeart! THIS is the link I got it from. It is by BNW2040 on devianART.. I just typed in Mary + Manger on google. Merry Christmas!

ToJesusMyHeart

Thanks Emma!

By the way, have you already posted your "packing list" for your entrance? I'd love to see it if that is possible! :)

Mother-Mary-and-Baby-Jesus.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Poem

Christmas Carol

Mary sang like falling snow

And loved like violins

At the wedding of love and sorrow

In Bethlehem.

Angels crashed bewildered skies

And stars blazed into hymns,

But Mary looked in Jesus' eyes

In Bethlehem.

The night got down upon its knees,

The moon with wonder dimmed

When Mary laid her Jesus down

In Bethlehem.

Back in the bright and noisy inn,

The keeper's heart was grim

For Mary's face burned in his heart

In Bethlehem.

And all love has a wound in it,

But joy with tears can limn

Since the wedding of love and sorrow

In Bethlehem.

dec21_francis+and+clare+with+baby+jesus.

EDIT: ToJesusMyHeart, I posted a picture of the list on page 7 (forgot which post exactly-so sorry!). I am so glad I did, because I lost it a little whle ago and had a few very basic Walmart items I was going to pick up just before entering. No worries about the list, by the way. This thread is so long that even I considered it a chore to go back through and find it-I would not wish that on anyone! :P

XMfrancis.jpg

Edited by emmaberry101