An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fake Miraculous Medal

Julie de Sales

Julie de Sales

Hey! I need REAL help! My problem is related to the Miraculous Medal. I received one from the sisters I visit once in a while and I was searching on Internet to find more information about it. By accident, I stepped into a web-site in French who claims that there are [i]false[/i] Miraculous Medals, [i]satanic[/i] ones, that have small differences from the authentic ones. Looking at the Medal that I was wearing, I noticed that is the [i]fake[/i] one. So, I panicked, I replaced it with one who is like the original, but now what should I do: I have more fake Medals at home and what do I do with them? Should I announce the sisters which gave me the Medal that they are distributing satanic Medals? Is this story even true or some people are exaggerating? I’m so confused…Some say there are even New Age rosaries, I didn’t start yet to control my tone of rosaries, I’m afraid what I could encounter.

Here talks about [i]fake[/i] Miraculous Medals: [url="http://gloria.tv/?media=167226"]http://gloria.tv/?media=167226[/url] and has pictures.

Do you have anything in English on this? I looked at the pictures and tried to understand something of what is written. It seems awfully silly to me!

Julie de Sales

[quote name='carmenchristi' timestamp='1347720143' post='2482703']
Do you have anything in English on this? I looked at the pictures and tried to understand something of what is written. It seems awfully silly to me!
[/quote]
I couldn’t find anything in English. But they say that the fake medal:
-has a star that becomes central at the top and this is a symbol of Lucifer.
-the top of the Cross has a satanic head.
-the M is in a inversed position (I don’t know how to explain it in English) and it’s not straight but inclined.
-the sword doesn’t penetrate the heart but is in the back plan.
This are some of the features, they seem to be insignificant details, but some people claim that you have to avoid this pattern.

I can almost guarantee to you that this is one of those hysterical anti-Catholic sites that claims everything is Satanic.
You will find those same people claiming that Pope John Paul II's papal crucifix is Satanic because of the curved transept.

Translation of the 7 things wich are different from a regular miraculous medal (back side):

1. The star receives a central position: this symbolises the morning star, wich is a symbol of Lucifer. (they speak here of the 12 stars around the M, normally they are separated equally left and right)
2. The top of the cross is in the shape of a satanic head.
3. The M is inversed. What was the back becomes the front and vice versa. Or, Satan, who is normally at the back, is placed in front now, and Christ is pushed away to the back.
4. The M isn't vertical but inclined. Or, it doesn't have the value of a pilar anymore, because pilars can't support anything if they are inclined.
5. The sword doesn't pierce the heart, but is placed behind it.
6. The other heart isn't a heart anymore, but a crowned triangle and there isn't a flame on top of it but a head with two goat horns.
7. The M and the cross have bars across them, like horizontal vibrations of heavy earth (?) instead of just a straight line around the figure.

I see another one: these are six pointed stars, while a miraculous medal has five pointed ones.

Nihil, there are indeed dozens of such sites and hysterical people. And in this case I think some of the points are just what one wants to see in them (like the satanic heads). But other ones are remarkable, like the inversed M and the stars.

And pope Paul VI 's ferula is just ugly :P (JP I and II just used his ferula).

Yeah... I thought I noticed the 6 pointed stars. I agree that a lot of the points are just people reading into it, but the 6 pointed stars are maybe something to be concerned about.

I'd avoid the "counterfeit" medals, because at the Rue du Bac Our Lady specified[i] [/i][i]exactly [/i]how the medal was supposed to be designed. The whole thing just sounds weird :hmmm:

The 6 pointed star is simply the star of David..... personally I think it is fitting given that they represent the twelve apostles who were Jews.

Sad to think that someone would turn a 6 pointed star into a satanic symbol.

At any rate.... I read the article and it sounds like hype to me. My guess is that the different medals were made to avoid copyright infringement - and so changed things around a little. I'm not sure if our Lady was specific about the manner in which the M transverses the cross or the arrangement of stars (except that they were circling the rest) but I agree that we shouldn't mess with it much. HOWEVER we also need to be careful to use sacramentals in the manner in which our Church teaches and not suddenly look and use them in somewhat of a more superstitious fashion. Graces are promised to the wearer - but it isn't magic. If a medal that was different was blessed and it increased the devotion of the wearer (who believes in the promises of our Lady) I can hardly believe that the evil one would have ANY power over it whatsoever. Our Blessed Mother wouldn't stand for it! And the evil one cowers in fear at her glance... not to mention the plethora of angelic hosts she has at her beck and call.

What mother would allow a bully like the "grappin" to pull such a prank on her poor unsuspecting child?

Edited by mantellata

Hmmmm ...... I have [b]8[/b] stars around my avatar of St. Catherine...

I wonder what THAT means...?

.... oh boy.... I must be out to deceive the world. ****ominous music begins****

(Please understand my mockery to be in regards to the article... not anyone above!! :) )

[quote name='mantellata' timestamp='1347743000' post='2482773']
HOWEVER we also need to be careful to use sacramentals in the manner in which our Church teaches and not suddenly look and use them in somewhat of a more superstitious fashion. Graces are promised to the wearer - but it isn't magic. If a medal that was different was blessed and it increased the devotion of the wearer (who believes in the promises of our Lady) I can hardly believe that the evil one would have ANY power over it whatsoever. Our Blessed Mother wouldn't stand for it! And the evil one cowers in fear at her glance... not to mention the plethora of angelic hosts she has at her beck and call.

What mother would allow a bully like the "grappin" to pull such a prank on her poor unsuspecting child?
[/quote]

I meant to add something to this effect too...

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1347732804' post='2482739']
And pope Paul VI 's ferula is just ugly :P (JP I and II just used his ferula).
[/quote]

I am also not a particular fan of its design.

Ha, just realised I have a "fake" one too... I see no satanic heads, the stars have 7 points, it isn't clear where the sword goes, the M is striped, the cross is dotted. And... below the hearts it says: Italy. It also looks and feels rather cheap. Was given to me by a FSSPX-priest, maybe they are all satanists now ;)

Also the text in the front is different. The fake ones say (in Latin): "Regina sine labe originali concepta o.p.n."
My other ones say: "O Maria sine labe concepta o.p.n. qui confugimus ad te"
That's a big difference in my opinion.

Ok, apparently I have a second fake one. It turned black after wearing it a while, maybe it's a sign (of being satanic or of poor quality, I'll leave that up to you) :hehe2:

Oh, how many times have i heard of these 'fake miraculous medals'!!! There is no problem, unless the medal has a picture of a dragon, with the words "in you we trust" (!!!)

There is another group who say that the miraculous medal, as we know it, was not what our Lady asked for, but that She wanted an image of "Our Lady of the globe" on the medal instead. But if that is the case, why has She given SO MUCH grace through these medals? It is through the MM as we know it , that it came to be known as the MM; it was originally known as the medal of the Immaculate Conception.

BTW, i thought that satanic stars had fives point, i.e. pentagrams!?!

AVE MARIA!!

PS. the medal on my habit appears to be a fake one!!!!! :think:

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

if there not how the saint was told to make them than yes they are fake, but satanic i don't know. And even if somone had a supposed satanic one and didn't know thats what it was than it would still be a miraculous medal in faith. I'm considering addressing some divine image leaflets at my local parish and how they don't have a courtyard in the image, and saint faustina was told by jesus that the divine image must be in a courtyard. I should tell the priest or deacon, maybe start with an elder and if he fobs it talk to the deacon and if he fobs it as not meing important i will talk to the priest, and if all say it isn't important i will have to read the will you help me booklet with excepts from saint faustinas diary to prove it to them that jesus said so. And you should tell the sisters i guess, if you where distributing fake medals and didn't know i'm sure you would wan't to be told so. It takes alot of courage to alert somone of authority to there mistakes, just remember the sisters are not GOD.

GOD bless you

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Guess what, artisans have to strike the medals, and if you don't have the original die you have to MAKE YOUR OWN. Obviously differences arise.