An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting For My Community's Decision

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351102818' post='2497021']
Mater, I know you love the Visitation... and it seems to me this is appropriate for your current 'waiting' as well!

[url="http://www.fisheaters.com/visitation-byMasterMS-1506.jpg"][img]http://www.fisheaters.com/visitation-byMasterMS-1506.jpg[/img][/url]
[/quote]

I [i]LOVE[/i] the Visitation! I've been praying Mary's Magnificat after Holy Communion for several weeks now. :)

As is said in the Profession ceremony for my Secular Order:

"[size="2"]May God who has begun in you this good work bring it to completion for the day of Christ the Lord."[/size]

The Visitation is a favorite with me, as well. As for waiting, I just bought the book "Come, Lord Jesus - Meditations on the Art of Waiting" by Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C I'm going to use it for my Advent book as it is geared towards those readings. There is most certainly an art to waiting (and a good dose of patience.)

Mater, as the expression goes --- "You have the patience of a Saint!' Unfortunately, it's not my strong suit, but I'm working on it :)

[quote name='Eowyn' timestamp='1351107615' post='2497060']
The Visitation is a favorite with me, as well. As for waiting, I just bought the book "Come, Lord Jesus - Meditations on the Art of Waiting" by Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C I'm going to use it for my Advent book as it is geared towards those readings. There is most certainly an art to waiting (and a good dose of patience.)
[/quote]

Such a good book. If you come across it Mater, definitely pick it up!

Today was very strange because it dawned on me that I am in the very serious discernment phase. I knew that I was but it just hit me like a lightning bolt and I cannot believe that I am here again. I thought it would end when I applied to enter the Carmelites and then that didn't work out. Plus, with all the problems I've had just finding a community that I felt called to AND that would accept me, I thought I might never get the chance to experience religious life for myself. I feel so blessed that I have made it this far. It has given me such a ray of hope to know that all is not lost and that my deepest desires have not gone unnoticed. Even when I tried to restrain myself from desiring religious life, I couldn't contain it for long at all because God would not allow it. I honestly don't know why He'd want me because of some stuff I've done in my life that I'm not proud of at all. But I am so thankful for His Divine Mercy and forgiveness! Praised be Jesus Christ! :yahoo:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

I wondered if it would hit you eventually, Mater.

We're praying the graces for you to respond generously and with great courage no matter what God asks of you.

We want religious life for you - IF you can serve God better and if it is going to lead to your happiness on this earth and sanctification.

We want something else -- unknown at this point -- if that is a better thing for you.

God is good, and His mother is good... and they will choose well for their well-beloved Daughter.

Prayers, cara....

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1351127473' post='2497252']
Today was very strange because it dawned on me that I am in the very serious discernment phase. I knew that I was but it just hit me like a lightning bolt and I cannot believe that I am here again. I thought it would end when I applied to enter the Carmelites and then that didn't work out. Plus, with all the problems I've had just finding a community that I felt called to AND that would accept me, I thought I might never get the chance to experience religious life for myself. [b]I feel so blessed that I have made it this far. It has given me such a ray of hope to know that all is not lost and that my deepest desires have not gone unnoticed. [b] [/b]Even when I tried to restrain myself from desiring religious life, I couldn't contain it for long at all because God would not allow it. I honestly don't know why He'd want me because of some stuff I've done in my life that I'm not proud of at all. But I am so thankful for His Divine Mercy and forgiveness! Praised be Jesus Christ! [/b] :yahoo:
[/quote]

Props.

Spem in alium

[quote name='Eowyn' timestamp='1351167290' post='2497500']

Props.
[/quote]

Ditto. Praying for you, Mater. The Lord has a wonderful plan for your life - may it be the one you have been waiting for with such patience, trust and hope. Your posts convey a peace and love that is just so strong and so inspirational. Wishing you many blessings.

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1351127473' post='2497252']
Today was very strange because it dawned on me that I am in the very serious discernment phase. I knew that I was but it just hit me like a lightning bolt and I cannot believe that I am here again. I thought it would end when I applied to enter the Carmelites and then that didn't work out. Plus, with all the problems I've had just finding a community that I felt called to AND that would accept me, I thought I might never get the chance to experience religious life for myself. I feel so blessed that I have made it this far. It has given me such a ray of hope to know that all is not lost and that my deepest desires have not gone unnoticed. Even when I tried to restrain myself from desiring religious life, I couldn't contain it for long at all because God would not allow it. I honestly don't know why He'd want me because of some stuff I've done in my life that I'm not proud of at all. But I am so thankful for His Divine Mercy and forgiveness! Praised be Jesus Christ! :yahoo:
[/quote]

So many props- And personally this inspires me a lot. "Even when I tried to restrain myself from desiring religious life"- I relate to this more then I can express. That is so beautiful to see how the Lord has worked with that for His glory!! Indeed Praised be Jesus Christ!

I wait and rejoice with you Mater.

[quote name='Spem in alium' timestamp='1351173736' post='2497518']
Ditto. Praying for you, Mater. The Lord has a wonderful plan for your life - may it be the one you have been waiting for with such patience, trust and hope. Your posts convey a peace and love that is just so strong and so inspirational. Wishing you many blessings.
[/quote]
[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1351177481' post='2497530']

So many props- And personally this inspires me a lot. "Even when I tried to restrain myself from desiring religious life"- I relate to this more then I can express. That is so beautiful to see how the Lord has worked with that for His glory!! Indeed Praised be Jesus Christ!

I wait and rejoice with you Mater.
[/quote]

Thank you both for your kind words. It took me a long time (5 years, to be exact) to get to this point. I was being selfish by denying Jesus what I felt He truly wanted from me. I will never do that again. Even if it gets difficult and hard to see the light, I could not deny Him who gave Himself up for our sins so that we would be forgiven!

Jesus, you are the source of infinite mercy! I trust in You! :)

"If I say, “I will not mention him,
or speak any more in his name,”
[b]there is in my heart as it were a burning fire[/b]
shut up in my bones,
and I am weary with holding it in,
and I cannot."

jeremiah 20:9

[quote name='deusluxmea' timestamp='1351185523' post='2497569']
"If I say, “I will not mention him,
or speak any more in his name,”
[b]there is in my heart as it were a burning fire[/b]
shut up in my bones,
and I am weary with holding it in,
and I cannot."

jeremiah 20:9
[/quote]

I've never heard that quote before but I relate to it so well! It truly feels like your heart is in pain when you try to hide from God's will. No matter how many times you might try to squelch it, there is no containing God! :)

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1351190969' post='2497616']
Props to this whole thread.

This is Holy Ground....
[/quote]

:nun1:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Blessed&Grateful

Mater, please call the superior and let her know, although you have the patience of a saint, we here (okay I) do NOT. So please send the letter again AND by email so that my I can breathe again....

:hehe2:

On a serious note you are in my thoughts and prayers, honestly your vocation almost feels like my own. God Bless!

Edited by Blessed&Grateful