An Old School Catholic Message Board

Favorite Things About Being Catholic & Catholicism.

Freedom

My many favorites is receiving Jesus in the Eucharist!

What are yours? Don't be afraid to mention more, more than one. Do not be fearful to show us how it's done!

Adoration...it always soothes the mind and calms the soul. I never feel as bad as when I went in, I never leave without being struck with awe. I never go without tears coming to my eyes. Time ceases to have meaning usually as I'm enraptured by His presence before me.

Random Aside: I love how Dust's Pope Avatar is the same shade as the border of the board now and looks like the Pope is leaning out to give his blessing on PM posts.

Although I could list a thousand things that I love about The Catholic Church, one thing that I would like to emphasize is the vocations found within The Church. Not only is each individual vocation beautiful and special, but also the reasoning behind it which I have not seen in most other denomations or religions. Each vocation is so beautiful and meaningful. Each one draws the individual closer to God in some way; that is the purpose of our lives. Of course, all denomations and religions believe in doing (their) God's will, but based on my own experience I just don't get the same vibe from other faiths. I don't mean this to be disrespectful of other beliefs, but this is just something that I have gained a huge amount of appreciation for. It is a stunningly beautiful part of The Church which, sadly, most people do not know about.

I love reciting the Creed at Mass. It is a beautiful moment when I can stand and say "I believe..." and know that I am not standing alone, that I have millions of other brothers and sisters saying and professing those words with me all over the world. That they have my back, no matter what.

"You are not alone in this,
you are not alone in this,
as brothers we will stand and we'll hold your hand,
hold your hand."

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1348954321' post='2488174']
Donuts after mass.
[/quote]
Dude, I was gonna say that :|

Honestly, it's really hard to choose, but one of my favorites is confession :)

The fact that our theology has been developed - passed down from apostolic times, taught, meditated upon, explained, clarified, tweaked, re-clarified, and summarized in fairly easy to understand terminology - in basically every country on the face of the Earth, by women & men, religious & laity, clerics & non-clerics, over the course of two millennia.

Because of this, the theology expresses not only the everlasting Truth, but the Truth [b]as lived [/b]in many places/cultures, by many people, over much time - it expresses the everlasting Truth as lived in the basically unchanging human condition.

Edited by Luigi

At the end of mass when the priest says "the mass has ended", I respond with a vigorous THANKS BE TO GOD