An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Did Jesus Have To Die?

reyb

I literally will not read any Reyb post longer than about two sentences. It is to the point now where I forget that there are actually words in those posts, so I am always surprised when people make an effort to respond. When I say Reyb's posts being quoted I am always thinking "Wait, that is not in this thread, is it?"

Groo the Wanderer

i find it amazing that he thinks he can properly interpret sacred scripture for himself, but cannot properly interpret a very clear answer given to his questions.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1348974216' post='2488306']
i find it amazing that he thinks he can properly interpret sacred scripture for himself, but cannot properly interpret a very clear answer given to his questions.
[/quote]

Visual repsentation of a debate with reyb... Comes at you with a question, you answer question, he dodges, historical jesus. repeat infinite loop...

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb134gtzda1robljpo1_400.gif[/img]

[quote name='BarbaraTherese' timestamp='1348966582' post='2488246']
To my mind, Jesus was subject to cause and effect just as we are. In this subjection, Jesus is fully human and His Sufferings and Death underscore that He was indeed fully human in every way, just as we are. There is a cause that brings about a certain result. The authorities in the time of Jesus chose an evil and this evil was to crucify Jesus. In subjection and obedience to the Permissive Will of God (or the evil that God has permitted) and cause and effect in His own human life, Jesus is crucified. Jesus accepts a situation that as fully human, He cannot change. We know that in the Garden of Gethsamane, Jesus is aware of His impending sufferings and asks His Father "if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me, but not My Will, but Thine be done". The greatest evil to exist (crucifixion of Jesus) brings about a greater good, the forgiveness of sin and the salvation of mankind.

As for Jesus, so for us. Suffering is a mystery and God is Mystery and so the reason that God does not spare Jesus His Sufferings and Death is in the Mystery of God. The sufferings of Jesus can tell us many things, including that God can intervene in human life (or Jesus would not have asked Him to do so in His own life and coming death). His sufferings tell us that Jesus was indeed fully human in every way like us, except sin. His sufferings tell us of His Trust in God - Jesus undergoes His sufferings meekly and humbly because He trusts that a greater good will come out of them and that His Father has His Reasons and this is a lesson for us in our own life. Endless is the Treasury of The Sufferings and Death of Jesus.

Permissive Will of God, Catholic Catechism :
[b]324 [/b]The fact that God permits physical and even moral evil is a mystery that God illuminates by his Son Jesus Christ who died and rose to vanquish evil. Faith gives us the certainty that [u][b]God would not permit an evil if he did not cause a good to come from that very evil, by ways that [color=#0000ff]we shall fully know only in eternal life[/color][/b][/u][color=#0000ff].[/color]
[/quote]

You are entering to another topic because it seems you are saying ‘There is goodness that comes from evil’. No good tree will bear bad fruit neither bad tree will bear good fruit. And where did you get that the death of Jesus is an evil thing? No evil thing can demonstrate God’ justice and righteousness, and that is what Apostle Paul is saying in Rom 3:21-26

[indent=1]'But now righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.'[/indent]

At the end of the day, you still do not know why Jesus had to die for you and you call that honourable act of God an evil thing.

Nevertheless, seek him and you will find him. (Seek the real One. Your historical Jesus is a lie. He never existed in our world of realities. All of witnessess are referring to another Jesus different from the Jesus taught by your early church fathers and traditions).

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348965538' post='2488234']
You bring billions of souls to eternal punishment because of your traditions and pride. You can see for yourself what kind of spirit is guiding you. You are saying, you have the spirit of Christ. But why then you cannot explain the reason of Jesus' death? Why did Jesus have to die?
[/quote]
Which Jesus you talking about?

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349268671' post='2489556']
Which Jesus you talking about?
[/quote]

He is the Jesus according to the scripture.

Reyb...if I ever see you in real life I might new to do this :getaclue: !! (in the most loving and charitable way!) Get rid of your condescending tone... talk about things for real...stop with all this "you guys must bow to my superior knowledge because you are all idiots" It is very annoying. You will notice that there are very few people willing to engage you in conversation anymore... maybe think about why... and don't give me any quotes from scripture about how evil people cannot bear to hear the truth.

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1349278527' post='2489581']

He is the Jesus according to the scripture.
[/quote]
Is that the historical Jesus?

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348977644' post='2488326']
Seek the real One. Your historical Jesus is a lie. He never existed in our world of realities. All of witnessess are referring to another Jesus different from the Jesus taught by your early church fathers and traditions.
[/quote]
This guy?

[img]http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/GregoryIRice/the_big_lebowski_jesus.jpg[/img]

Groo the Wanderer

might be this one, Soc...
[img]http://i.usatoday.net/life/gallery/2012/120314_crazyhairidols/constantinemaroulispg-vertical.jpg[/img]

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348962318' post='2488222']
[b][url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/user/346-thedude/"]thedude[/url] asked in CatholicQ&A (see topic Why Did Christ Die?) the following:[/b]

Quick question that is bothering me and I can't seem to find any resources. Why did Christ have to die? Couldn't God have forgiven sins without this?
[/quote]
Christ became a man in every way shape and form, therefore he had to die as all men do.

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1349279533' post='2489583']
Reyb...if I ever see you in real life I might new to do this :getaclue: !! (in the most loving and charitable way!) Get rid of your condescending tone... talk about things for real...stop with all this "you guys must bow to my superior knowledge because you are all idiots" It is very annoying. You will notice that there are very few people willing to engage you in conversation anymore... maybe think about why... and don't give me any quotes from scripture about how evil people cannot bear to hear the truth.
[/quote][/background][/size][/font][/color]
[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349280558' post='2489585']
Is that the historical Jesus?
[/quote]

It is my mistake in replying a short answer to a short question if you feel I answered it with shrewdness. I did it – this short answer although without any bad intention- because I feel I am just being tested. If I say, historical Jesus is the one who died then Papist can say, I am not consistent in my position regarding the non-existence of historical Jesus. Because, how can he died if he did not exist? On the other hand, how can I tell you, who He is - the One who died for me since God alone can reveal him?

But still, I can testify why he died and without his death no one will be saved.

Edited by reyb

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1348965538' post='2488234']
Why did Jesus have to die?
[/quote]

He didn't HAVE to die. He chose to. Check out St John, Chapter 10.

You are really making this more difficult than necessary.

[img]http://www.adorablekidsdressup.com/Cloud%20Nine%20Images/Troll_Dolls/exercise-troll.jpg[/img]