An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dc And Ds Talk To Each Other Thread

DiscerningCatholic

Pax_et bonum

[color=#000000]A Dominican and a Francican friar traveling together on the way, arrived at a brook, where the Dominican requested theFranciscan, in as much as he was barefoot, to carry him over the water on his back. The Franciscan was content, and up he took him, and into the river he went; and being stepped into the chan­nel, there he paused, and said to the Dominican, “Tell me, brother, have you any money about you?” The Dominican, thinking that he aimed thereby at a consideration for his pains, answered: “Yea Maria, have I a little, but not much.” “Much or little then”, re­plied the Franciscan, “well you know that my order does not allow me to carry money, although you may. And there­fore…” And with that down he let slip the Dominican into the channel, where his money could not save him from being ve­ry well wet.[/color]

:rotfl2:

i<3franciscans

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1349714348' post='2491227']

You're welcome here...but don't talk about da Franciscans! ;)

[size=1]BTW, God's an CFR. [/size]
[/quote]

I'll try...

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='MeteorShower' timestamp='1349718559' post='2491259']
The minute I saw this, I thought "they're going to be talking about Dominicans."

I was right.

:nun:
[/quote]

You can't expect the O.P. Wannabe (me) and Miss Twice-a-Dominican to NOT talk about Dominicans.

Jokes with Dominicans as the punchline NOT welcome here. :hehe: Make your own lame board Franciscan thread! :evil: :troll:

[size=1]DS has been relatively quiet.... :|[/size]

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

dominicansoul

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1349714112' post='2491225']
[size=1]Jesus has a Franciscan Heart...[/size]
[/quote]

seriously? Jesus was here way before St. Francis...

:lol:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1349719184' post='2491272']
Franciscans are too avvesome to put a thread on the LAME board. That is why it is on VS. :P
[/quote]

Meh, this won't be a purely O.P. talk board. If it were, it would be on the LEGENDARY board. Go hijack someone else's thread. ;) (We do have our own thread for this debate, remember??? :buddies: )

i<3franciscans

I leave in peace...

[img]http://www.cloisteredlife.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/2010-07-29_Dominicans-summit.jpg[/img]

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1349729441' post='2491355']
the one with the prettier habits.. :lol:
[/quote]
I personally like the DSMME's a little better because the wider white part on the Nashie's veils remind me of a sweatband...but obviously, I'm not gonna enter an order because of the habits. They're both a.wesome, though!!!

But seriously, that pendant.

[img]http://www.catholicsistas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Screen-shot-2011-11-08-at-5.52.57-PM-222x300.png[/img]

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1349732438' post='2491375']
WOW. I think you are meant to be DSMME, cos that's exactly what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Huh, ya THINK??? :dance:

Nah, I'm just psychic. :congrats: