An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dc And Ds Talk To Each Other Thread

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

So...I asked this in the OP vs. CFR thread, but I'm gonna ask here....

You said that Mother A. would always come in and shift the various parts of your habit around. How can you wear your veil or your sleeves wrong?! Or your cape? I saw that the DSMME wear like, 3 layers of tunics ( :sweat: ), so I can kind of get the sleeve thing, but...your VEIL? I guess I can't keep my chapel veil on during Mass either, though. I usually tie it behind my head "nun style," as my friends call it. It always comes undone. :| And what is the stiff thing under their veils? I know some orders have that and some done.

That was a lot of questions... :blush:

dominicansoul

I missed truth in the heart today, too. busy here at the office...

I will not answer any questions regarding the habit. Most of what girls want to know will be spoiled if anyone told them. you gotta be surprised chica. Pleasantly surprised...

I once got in trouble for spoiling the posties surprises that come to you in religious life...i ain't gonna do that out here...

of course if you google, you'll find everything you need to know.. :| other people aren't so scrupulous about breaking the Dominican Code... :lol:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1349908114' post='2492090']
I missed truth in the heart today, too. busy here at the office...

I will not answer any questions regarding the habit. Most of what girls want to know will be spoiled if anyone told them. you gotta be surprised chica. Pleasantly surprised...

I once got in trouble for spoiling the posties surprises that come to you in religious life...i ain't gonna do that out here...

of course if you google, you'll find everything you need to know.. :| other people aren't so scrupulous about breaking the Dominican Code... :lol:
[/quote]

You make it sound like a secret club. :|

:secret:

I will also answer all OP postulant questions. They get to do many exciting and wonderful things such as but not limited to; sweeping the floor, mopping the floor, praying, studying, learning, reading, scrubbing, toiling, eating, praying, praying, studying, praying scrubbing, and praying. :like:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1349910390' post='2492104']
I will answer all OP habit questions. It consists primarily of, and is held together primarily by.... duct tape.
[/quote]

My sister will be thrilled to hear that! rotfl (She's a duct tape junkie.)

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1349910636' post='2492105']
I will also answer all OP postulant questions. They get to do many exciting and wonderful things such as but not limited to; sweeping the floor, mopping the floor, praying, studying, learning, reading, scrubbing, toiling, eating, praying, praying, studying, praying scrubbing, and praying. :like:
[/quote]

Sounds just like home life.

DiscerningCatholic

My body decided that it would be a good idea for me to try out the monastic schedule... to bed at 10:30 and up at 5:00 this morning. :yawn:

I need me some o' this :coffee:

DiscerningCatholic

I don't have anbody to pray the Liturgy of the Hours with...it's so awkward responding to myself... :alone:

dominicansoul

I use the [i]RC Buddy [/i]app on my iphone...

[img]http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/063/Purple/v4/ea/ca/f4/eacaf45f-1097-8e77-4a0e-a22cb993fabf/mzl.qomvirsn.175x175-75.jpg[/img]

[img]http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/066/Purple/v4/a4/01/35/a40135da-d5ec-ca07-f2dc-f3adb1ca326d/mzl.nvkwjrbs.320x480-75.jpg[/img]