An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dc And Ds Talk To Each Other Thread

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

I remember reading about one of my sisters who was an intern and had to read to the third grade class while the teacher stepped out. The teacher's chair was a swivel chair, so she sat in that while she read to the kids. 

And...that's when she found out what the swivel chair does to Rosaries. :| So now she apparently has the third graders hold her Rosary away from the wheels while she teaches. :hehe2:

And the Frannies have more saints in heaven than the Dominicans because the Dominicans' saints are all still here on earth. 

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

Nah, we're busy going about God's work on earth. :evil: We're plenty holy. That's why most of our saints haven't died yet.

And I've probably asked you this before, but is your username a spoof on this?

amcorcampbells-v-8-group.jpg

So I talked to a friend last night who thinks she is called to be a Dominican sister, and she told me she's visiting the NDs over spring break! She wants to finish college before entering, but she's pretty confident that God's calling her to be a Dominican. That's my contribution to the Dominican conversation while DS is gone :)

• 4 weeks later...
Pax_et bonum

DC, I love Dominicans now.  :paperbag: I got to hang out with some second year novices and Sr. Veronica Marie this weekend at a diocesan high school retreat we were helping out at, and they were so great! 

DiscerningCatholic

LOL I am!!!! I'm just jealous (I don't think it's holy envy this time) that I'm like, the ONLY person who never gets to meet actual sisters (who aren't all weird). I did get to talk to a Vietnamese Dominican Sister from Houston last Tuesday, but that conversation was like, 30 seconds long. :|