An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dc And Ds Talk To Each Other Thread

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

Hates studying dumb stuff...

260 days later and I still haven't used algebra.

Maximilianus

I was so bad at algebra that I think I made my teachers dumber. I had to take remedial math classes to get into college. I took college algebra my first semester as a full fledged university student with a major, and had to drop it because of my atrocious start. I avoided the required math course until my senior year and I took an alternative class, which had the urban legend of being easier than algebra. Can't really say if it was easier or not, it was basically a class consisting of making graphs and solving word problems using algebraic equations. We had to use a graphing calculator that cost lots of money. I actually did well, but I attribute part of that to the fact that I HAD to pass that class so I made a little more effort to be successful.

Moral of the story, apply yourself in algebra and avoid buying an expensive calculator and deciphering word problems when you have senioritis in college.

That my story and I hope you liked it.

Guest Allie

I got a D in Algebra and had to take it over in the summer. :pinch:   So essential to my work as an artist and in Community Theater  :hehe2:  NOT.

Maximilianus

well, as an art major I was exposed to this bit of mathematical wonder

a+b/a = a/b = φ