An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For A 3rd Party Is Voting For Obama.

Freedom

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351225504' post='2497848']

At the next Democratic Coven they use black magic to unveil which votes were made for third party candidates. Then, if you are registered Republican, they steal those votes and replace them with votes for Obama.
[/quote]what if you aren't registered with a party?

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1351227151' post='2497855']
It's been a long time since someone has given me cause to change my title - since IrishGermanNorwegian (or some iteration of his), in fact.

A heartfelt congratulation and thanks to you.
[/quote]

I miss him so much :cry3:

Edited by Amppax

I have no idea what you don't agree with but in my so called "childish" mind, I thought I made myself beyond clear. If you don't want to understand, it's your choice. At least [b]MY[/b] convictions are set in stone, unlike yours. Now between the two us, who's being a child? I know who I'm voting for and I know who is best for this country and for the Catholic church, Mitt Romney.

For your information, belittling me and making fun at me does not make you look better.

[font="arial"][size="2"][color="black"][font="arial"][size="2"][color="black"][font="arial"][url="http://youtu.be/4S4W1B4U0gA"]http://youtu.be/4S4W1B4U0gA[/url][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

[font="arial"][size="2"][color="black"][font="arial"][size="2"][color="black"][font="arial"][size="2"][color="#222222"][url="http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fhappycabbie.blogspot.co.uk%2F2012%2F10%2Fwhy-i-am-voting-against-obama.html&session_token=xTmaF4-LM3L0moxynJuzMm-Fb_d8MTM1MTMwODgxMkAxMzUxMjIyNDEy"]http://happycabbie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/why-i-am-voting-against-obama.html[/url][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

[font="arial"][size="2"][color="black"][font="arial"][size="2"][color="black"][font="arial"][size="2"][color="#222222"]I live in a blue state, but I will always vote for my principals because it is my civic duty as an American citizen. Throwing my vote to a 3rd party will not accomplish anything, it is just a waste of time and effort.[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351273835' post='2497999']
I have no idea what you don't agree with [/quote]

I just don't understand.. please help me with my question below

[quote]
So of you are a registered republican, and you vote 3rd party, your vote is minus-ed from your actual vote and added to the democratic candidate's tally?

Is that even legal?

And if you are a democrat, unless you vote republican, your vote goes to the democratic candidate?

How, in the world of arithmetic, does this happen? And why do only those republicans get such a bad shake?

And what happens to your third party vote is you are an independent? If an independent votes for the republican, where does his vote go?
[/quote]

Freedom, relax. Part of it they are looking at the wording of the Thread Title in a literal sense. Voting for a 3rd party is not voting FOR Obama, and with the electorate system, in many states it's not close enough to make a difference. In the clearest words, there are lot's of qualifications about the idea of not voting for the only likely challenger (Romney) will help Obama. Florida, Ohio, PA, New Hampshire, Colorado, Iowa, etc. are the close 'swing' States. In those states, smaller trends in voting have the possibility of making a bigger difference.

Most posters are pointing out that technically, their 1 vote makes little difference. It's their influence on others, talking among friends, that they can make a difference. Arguments on the internet never results in someone winning, especially in politics and religion.

Whatever votes taken away from Romney, could end up with Obama winning a second term. Do you purposely refuse to understand this simple fact?

Please watch the video about what a 3rd party can accomplish, for more information and if you have time, read his blogs as well.

"No one is dumber than those who refuse to understand." This is an old French proverb, it says it all, no need to add anything.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351275260' post='2498016']
"No one is dumber than those who refuse to understand." This is an old French proverb, it says it all, no need to add anything.
[/quote]

Freedom, we fully understand what you mean. The less votes Romney has from us, the better chance Obama has for being elected. However, voting for a 3rd party candidate is NOT voting for Obama. It doesn't mean we are secretly liberal and have liberal souls as you yourself said. It means we are voting by our conscience, just as you are voting by your conscience. We're not doing anything against the Church, so why is it such a big deal for you?

I know who I'm voting for and I know who is best for this country and for the Catholic church, Mitt Romney.

[/quote]
Romney is running for president. Since he supports a strong Federal government, it's likely he will be bad for your country.

I have no idea what you don't agree with but in my so called "childish" mind, I thought I made myself beyond clear. If you don't want to understand, it's your choice. At least [b]MY[/b] convictions are set in stone, unlike yours.
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, how much do you know about the 'convictions' of anyone in this thread?
"Liberal" will not be accepted here as a valid answer.

This election is all about voting against Obama and the only one who can do that is Mitt Romney. You want to ignore that, then know that you are wrong. As simple as that.