An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nuns Picture Thread 2

NonNovi

^^^^^^^

Disagree!

The head gear is awful, impractical and was designed by the casual folding of a table napkin into this preposterous shape.

Catholicterp7

^^^^^^^

Disagree!

The head gear is awful, impractical and was designed by the casual folding of a table napkin into this preposterous shape.

I agree with you Max. Not only is it impractical but what they wear now is much more in line with the original reasons for the habit. 

JMJ+ :heart: 

Kylie Spinelli

I often wonder how long it takes the PCPAs, Carmelites of the Sacred Heart, and the SMMCs to get used to the tight wimple around their neck. I have a real issue with turtlenecks because I have always had a sensitive neck area and it feels like they are choking me. I hated when people touched my neck as a kid. I don't know if I could get used to always having something over my neck unless it was loose like the Carmelites or Poor Clare Colettines. :)

Same here! I don't think I could deal with that all the time... I would have to offer it up!! ;)

Haha I wonder if you could test that out during your first months discerning. Kind of like, "Can I wear the wimple for a week or two and see how I like it??" HAHA

Same here! I don't think I could deal with that all the time... I would have to offer it up!! ;)

Haha I wonder if you could test that out during your first months discerning. Kind of like, "Can I wear the wimple for a week or two and see how I like it??" HAHA

LOL, I'd want to request special permission that they make it a little looser so it's not right on my neck.  Seriously, the idea of having anything on my neck drives me mad!  :hehe2:

• 2 years later...
Sacredheart2009
It's so exciting the PCPA's in Tonopah, AZ have a new postulant. They lost several Sisters since they arrived including Sr. Johanna, their first novice whose name I can't remember, Sr. Augustine Marie, and lastly Sr. Esther Marie.

I was so disappointed to hear that those sisters left the order, does anyone know why? I am praying they left to go to a different our lady of angels monastery. I am praying they didn't completely leave religious life. That would be so sad!