An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Not The Philosopher

Pinocchio - yet another Disney movie that I watched as a child and proceeded to ignore afterwards.

I was utterly foolish; this has effectively replaced The Red Shoes as my all time favourite and is the most beautiful animated movie I've seen.

Not A Mallard

Pinocchio - yet another Disney movie that I watched as a child and proceeded to ignore afterwards.

I was utterly foolish; this has effectively replaced The Red Shoes as my all time favourite and is the most beautiful animated movie I've seen.

Not The Philosopher

The real way the Avengers will be Disneyfied will be by having the Avengers 3 be a low budget direct-to-video feature released 40 years from now.

Not A Mallard

The real way the Avengers will be Disneyfied will be by having the Avengers 3 be a low budget direct-to-video feature released 40 years from now.

It's already been Disneyfied (evidence starts at 0:44)

Not The Philosopher

It's already been Disneyfied (evidence starts at 0:44)

That's actually kinda hilarious.

Not The Philosopher

Ivan The Terrible, Parts One and Two

Textbook examples of scenery chewing. But they're more, "this is an old art film with interesting techniques," than, "this is actually entertaining to watch."

Not A Mallard

The Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy

They all go downhill from the superior first one. The second one is decent, but the third one is a disaster. I have yet to rewatch the fourth one.

truthfinder

To my utter shame: The Hunger Games and its following iterations.

Edited by truthfinder
so shameful, I forgot how to English grammar

NadaTeTurbe

Paper Towns. I still don't know what I think about it. Liked the morals, not the movie ? I really don't know. 

Not A Mallard

And The Wizard of Oz! How could I have forgotten that?

...Though I do have mixed feelings about how much I (as well as everybody else who) love(s) this movie because of its secular philosophies (i.e., a person’s worth is based how much he/she is loved by others; the deaths of evildoers should be celebrated; outer ugliness reflects the soul… )

AccountDeleted

...Though I do have mixed feelings about how much I (as well as everybody else who) love(s) this movie because of its secular philosophies (i.e., a person’s worth is based how much he/she is loved by others; the deaths of evildoers should be celebrated; outer ugliness reflects the soul… )

Yeah, some of the morals didn't make much sense, but boy was it a fun movie - right? :) 

the-ultimate-chick-flick.jpg