An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Not A Mallard

Castle in the Sky (1986)

I was weirded out by Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, but I really enjoyed this. I mean, I wasn't crazy about some of the ideas introduced in the third act, but they sink away.

Castle in the Sky (1986)

I was weirded out by Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, but I really enjoyed this. I mean, I wasn't crazy about some of the ideas introduced in the third act, but they sink away.

It's my favorite Miyazaki ! It's the more... simple ? I don't know, it's fresh, there's a lot of action, without all the weird and frightening things in Spirited Away (the parents...), and Howl's Moving Castle (... everything). I wanted to be a sky pirate when I was little :D And now, I'm proud to say that I can play the main melody on the trumpet. My other favorite Miyazaki are Totoro and Porco Rosso. 

Not A Mallard

It's my favorite Miyazaki ! It's the more... simple ? I don't know, it's fresh, there's a lot of action, without all the weird and frightening things in Spirited Away (the parents...), and Howl's Moving Castle (... everything). I wanted to be a sky pirate when I was little :D And now, I'm proud to say that I can play the main melody on the trumpet. My other favorite Miyazaki are Totoro and Porco Rosso. 

I still have yet to see Porco Rosso. Have you seen Grave of the Fireflies? It was rented for me and my siblings when I was little, and it turned out to be about a couple of orphan siblings dying of starvation during World War II. I can't believe it was released theatrically as a double feature with Totoro.

Porco Rosso is very special. You like it or you don't. 
Yes, I saw it. I was little, and I did not understand all, but I remember my big brother was trying no to cry... And wow, seeing the joyfull Totoro and then that... :blink:

Not A Mallard

Porco Rosso is very special. You like it or you don't. 
Yes, I saw it. I was little, and I did not understand all, but I remember my big brother was trying no to cry... And wow, seeing the joyfull Totoro and then that... :blink:

Or vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...
Discipulus Romae

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

The Fellowship of the Ring (4 disc extended edition)

The Two Towers (4 disc extended edition)

The Return of the King (4 disc extended edition)