An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Arranged is a very good movie. It can be found on Netflix. It's about a Muslim woman and an orthodox Jewish woman who work in an inner city school together and they form a common bond. It's very real and very authentic. Oh, and refreshing! 

• 2 weeks later...

The Young Messiah
In this faith-based drama that unfolds from the perspective of a 7-year-old Jesus, Mary and Joseph leave Egypt and return with their son to Nazareth.  They soon realize that he’s destined to change the course of history.
It is a well-made movie depicting what the life of Jesus as a 7 year old boy, could have been… 
The scenery was perfect and the photography was well done parts.
Overall it was a decent movie.

available on netflex 

I haven't seen a movie in about three years. I was in Bologna, Italy when the last Star Trek movie came out, and caught the Italian premiere (in 3-D) at a midnight showing with someone who's crazy for Star Trek. 

Well tomorrow, (Monday, July 25) I will see the new Star Trek release, with the same person, but not in Bologna. 

I'm waiting with bated breath. 

• 2 weeks later...
LittleWaySoul

Tallulah. 

There was one wildly unnecessary sex scene at the beginning (ugh, it seems like they just throw them in for fun nowadays; skip), and a lot of strong language (be warned if you're sensitive to that), but other than that I thought it was a really cool exploration of motherhood, family, humanity, and the pain that's caused by familial instability.

• 2 weeks later...