An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2016 at 11:21 PM, dominicansoul said:

The letters

excelllent and inspiring but waaaaaay too short! 

They referred to the Loretto nuns as being cloistered... that's incorrect.  I had a view small gripes with it like that. And, it would have been better to have not dwelt so much on certain things at the beginning like the tension with the mother superior and the hindu couple, so as to have more time for other things…

Eye in the Sky… it's pretty and gripping intense for a movie that dwells on one particular scenario. A lot of drama, and it's kind of difficult (harrowing) to watch at times. The movie raises important ethical and moral questions about drone strikes and collateral damage. 

4 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

Now that I think about it, I haven't watched a movie since last year (?) I may need a recommendation :) 

What kinds do you like?

2 minutes ago, CountrySteve21 said:

I enjoy scfi, historical , comedies and drama.

Hmm. The Truman Show is a pretty interesting one. It's mostly drama, but perhaps a bit scifi?

Gladiator is great for "historical," but I guess it might be mostly classified as drama or action? Idk, all I know is that it's pretty universally loved by my friends and myself.

If you haven't seen the Prince of Egypt, do so. It's an animated movie, but it's widely acclaimed by both secular and religious audiences. Fantastic animation, great score, well-done plot. 

I'm pretty much looking at my list on Netflix to find things that might apply to your categories haha. I guess those three will do for now.

CountrySteve21
5 minutes ago, LittleWaySoul said:

Hmm. The Truman Show is a pretty interesting one. It's mostly drama, but perhaps a bit scifi?

Gladiator is great for "historical," but I guess it might be mostly classified as drama or action? Idk, all I know is that it's pretty universally loved by my friends and myself.

If you haven't seen the Prince of Egypt, do so. It's an animated movie, but it's widely acclaimed by both secular and religious audiences. Fantastic animation, great score, well-done plot. 

I'm pretty much looking at my list on Netflix to find things that might apply to your categories haha. I guess those three will do for now.

Thanks :) I'm usually not too picky when it comes to movies, I even enjoyed the Titanic when I watched it.

23 minutes ago, CountrySteve21 said:

Thanks :) I'm usually not too picky when it comes to movies, I even enjoyed the Titanic when I watched it.

Nice! Let me know what you think if you watch any of those. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
CountrySteve21
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, LittleWaySoul said:

Nice! Let me know what you think if you watch any of those. :) 

I still haven't watched a movie yet, :hehe2: