An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Not A Mallard
On 4/25/2015 at 7:54 PM, Not The Philosopher said:

A wasted opportunity to have a Super Mega Death Star. Instead we got Death Star 2: Electric Boogaloo.

You got your wish one (chronological) movie later!

Not A Mallard

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017) - Parts of it had me laughing pretty hard, and it was fun to see an often forgotten part of my childhood put to screen, but it wouldn't quite recommend it.

Not A Mallard

The Greatest Showman (2017) - I'm not sure whether to appreciate this film on its own terms or condemn it for sugar-coating the truth of who P.T. Barnum was; but, looking at it on its own terms, the film reflects its own protagonist in how it wants to bring joy to the audience, and it does so in spades.

Hacksaw Ridge

2016 R Rated

Based on a true story, this World War II drama focuses on Desmond T. Doss, a conscientious objector who becomes a hero while serving as an unarmed medic during the brutal and bloody fight for Okinawa.

One of the best movies of the year, however (be warned) gory and brutal.   It should have won Oscars.   It's rare that movies show Christians in a good light. 

• 2 weeks later...
Not A Mallard

Lawrence of Arabia (1962) - Finally watched it because I had an incredibly random dream where this movie starred Adam Sandler as a guy from the desert who wanted to explore the ocean, and it ended during a HI-LARIOUS slapstick montage of him both adjusting to rural life and preparing for exploration. The movie turned out to be a lot better than that.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The last movie I watched right through which was about dec10 2017 was deathly hallows and tripped out to the max for 3 days later thinking I may be harry potter and among the people in the rehab where allies and enemies.

Hence why I don't watch movies and the previous full length movie I watched before that I think was pre 2010 and that was one of the matrix's and that tripped me out to thinking I may be the one.

My mind is from the freakin twilight zone or something it gets triggered easily by fantasy and sends me on a dangerous trip. Not a fun trip either coz I don't want to be thinking like that because its delusional and I hate it.