An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

SaintOfVirtue

Black Panther, 2018  I thoroughly enjoyed this movie for both its thematic material and production design. There were a few scenes that felt stolen from the lion king or star wars play book, and in some regards it was a cookie cutter marvel movie. But it was the most fun I've had watching a movie in quite a while.  Four out of five stars. 

• 2 weeks later...
ToJesusMyHeart

BLACK PANTHER. Great movie that features subtle and not-so-subtle jabs at white supremacy and racism.

Loving Vincent 2017.  rated PG-13

This animated biopic recounts the life and last days of tormented Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh, with each frame of the film consisting of an oil painting executed in the master's style and a plot based on letters he penned.

different in a good way

80171527.jpg

see trailer: 

On 3/3/2018 at 4:06 PM, ToJesusMyHeart said:

BLACK PANTHER. Great movie that features subtle and not-so-subtle jabs at white supremacy and racism.

did anyone notice that there are only two white guys in the cast, Andy Serkis who played Gollum in The Lord of the Rings and Martin Freeman who played Bilbo Baggins in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit film trilogy.

you could say that Andy and Martin are the token white guys

Not A Mallard
1 hour ago, little2add said:

you could say that Andy and Martin are the token white guys

Tolkien white guys

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I would like to watch Sampson at the cinemas, I don't like t.v's, I stopped t.v years ago but am getting a hankering to allow myself a movie at the cinemas once a month, like the good old days hey. :soccer::donjohn:

SaintOfVirtue

Game Night, 2018

A mediocre but relatively clean comedy by today's standards.  The movie's strong points were it's focus on the need for friendship and community as well as a surprisingly strong pro-family sub-plot. However, the movie suffers from shiny object syndrome and introduces so many plots that the viewer never becomes fully interested in any of them. All in all it was a fun ride if you're just looking for something to do on the weekend, but not worth going out of your way to see. Mild violence, cussing throughout (though remarkably little profanity for its genre), and some innuendos.

Two and a half out of five stars. 

Not A Mallard

Enter the Warriors Gate (2016) 5/10

My Life as a Zucchini (2016) 8/10

Mune: Guardian of the Moon (2014) 7/10

The Miracle Maker (2000) 9/10

The Prince of Egypt (1998) 9/10

Sunrise (1927) 8/10

Thor: Ragnarok (2017) 6/10

The Truman Show (1998) 9/10

Edited by Not A Mallard