An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

AccountDeleted

I just finished Space Cowboys and really enjoyed it. I suppose the fact that it was full of actors my age made it more fun! It was directed by Clint Eastwood and starred him along with Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and James Garner. I love them all.

:) 

HopefulHeart

Dunnn dunnn dunnnn DUN DUN boom boom boom boom boom boom

I watched 2001:  A Space Odyssey.

I admit that a few moments at the end elicited a WAT response from me.

Not A Mallard

I watched 2001:  A Space Odyssey.

I admit that a few moments at the end elicited a WAT response from me.

​ANOTHER ONE I NEED TO SEE

X-Men: Days of Future Past

If it's not one of the best comic book movies I've ever seen, it's certainly one of the most powerful.

Edited by Not A Mallard

Not A Mallard

Ratatouille

It's highly implausible, but it's really fun, though some of the subject matter is questionable for a family movie.

HopefulHeart

I watched The Princess Bride for the first time! I know, it's inconceivable that I had never seen such a well-known movie before. ;) It was a lot of fun.

Not A Mallard

I watched The Princess Bride for the first time! I know, it's inconceivable that I had never seen such a well-known movie before. ;) It was a lot of fun.

I was eighteen when I first saw it.

HopefulHeart

I was eighteen when I first saw it.

Good to know you were in a similar boat. :)

I'm trying to whittle away at the films on my IMDB watchlist, which currently has 165 movies and is still growing. Should take me a while to get through that.

Not A Mallard

Good to know you were in a similar boat. :)

I'm trying to whittle away at the films on my IMDB watchlist, which currently has 165 movies and is still growing. Should take me a while to get through that.

​My personal watchlist is growing. As a "critic," I have so many movies to watch, and so little time!

HopefulHeart

​My personal watchlist is growing. As a "critic," I have so many movies to watch, and so little time!

​Yeah, this is me sometimes. (It's even harder being an English major and seeing all the classic books there are to read....)

dscBp5M.jpg

Edited by HopefulHeart

HopefulHeart

The Artist, the (mostly) silent film that won Best Picture a few years ago. I thought it was excellent and gorgeously filmed. There were some elements that I've seen in other movies (A Star Is Born, most notably), but I saw The Artist as more an homage to those movies than a reproduction of them

NadaTeTurbe

Plus, there's Jean Dujardin <3

I am watching Captain America, the Winter SOldier, and I'm loving it. Avengers 2 is coming out tomorrow !! 

And today I also watched Inori. It's a documentary/movie. it's in a japanese village in the mountain. It's very... quiet. Juste everyday life image. Simple. A little of Miyazaki in it. Not the same ambiance than in Captain America ! 

Not A Mallard

I am watching Captain America, the Winter SOldier, and I'm loving it. Avengers 2 is coming out tomorrow !! 

​Maybe in non-America. Don't spoil it 4me!

Edited by Not A Mallard

NadaTeTurbe

I think it's in Italy and in France... You have to watch until the 1rst of May ! I don't envy you ! I will not spoiled it. Do you watch Marvel Agent Carter ? It's a serie and it's super cool. 

Not A Mallard

I think it's in Italy and in France... You have to watch until the 1rst of May ! I don't envy you ! I will not spoiled it. Do you watch Marvel Agent Carter ? It's a serie and it's super cool. 

​I watched the first couple of episodes.

Not The Philosopher

I watched Interstellar for the third time, showing it to a friend. It's already one of my favorite sci-fi movies, which is interesting because I'm usually not that big on Nolan: I've found his other movies to be entertaining, but not quite the profound masterpieces that other people acclaim them as. But this one really struck a cord with me.