An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Not A Mallard

Cinema Paradiso - An Italian film about a small-town cinema that brings the community together. It's well made but pretty cynical in parts, and there's more nudity/sexual content than the Netflix content advisory mentions.

The Hidden Fortress - My first Akira Kurosawa movie - a Japanese samurai/adventure flick that George Lucas used as an inspiration for Star Wars.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Seen it thrice and I like it a little bit more each time.

HopefulHeart

A friend and I went to see Far from the Madding Crowd. We both enjoyed it. There were a lot of dramatic ups and downs, but the conclusion was very satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...
dominicansoul

Avenger age of ultron

my review of the film:

Captain America is just drop dead gorgeous...

and that character "Vision?" hubba hubba....

I give it 3 green jalapenos and one red one...

jalapec3b1os-3.jpg?w=150&h=100

Edited by dominicansoul

Not A Mallard

Blade Runner - It was interesting, but it was so bleak that I had to find something cheery on Youtube to end the end with.

HopefulHeart

I watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe during a 13-hour car ride. It's been a while since I last saw it. I still think it is, by far, the best of the three most recent Narnia movies.

Not A Mallard

I watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe during a 13-hour car ride. It's been a while since I last saw it. I still think it is, by far, the best of the three most recent Narnia movies.

​I remember liking Prince Caspian the most, though I haven't seen them recently enough to stick with that opinion.

HopefulHeart

​I remember liking Prince Caspian the most, though I haven't seen them recently enough to stick with that opinion.

​I liked Prince Caspian as a movie, but it was disappointing as an adaptation of the book. LWW did much better in that respect, imo. (Then again, I also have not seen PC in years, so my impressions now might be different.)

Not A Mallard

Safety Last! - One of the few Harold Lloyd films that I've seen (and the only one I've seen twice).

Not A Mallard

Independence Day - I'd seen it a few times and enjoyed it, but I decided to rent it once again before deciding to pick up the DVD at Walmart.

...I'm really glad I only rented it.

Not A Mallard

The rest of the Dark Knight trilogy.

The very end of The Dark Knight Rises is the perfect way to end the trilogy. However, the whole movie that came before it is so overblown and sloppy that it doesn't even feel like it's part of the same series as the first two, both of which are fantastic in their own ways, but Batman Begins ultimately left me the most satisfied.