An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2016, 2:57:26, NadaTeTurbe said:

Watch not a movie, but a documentary called "our sisters in Siberia" about priest and sisters in Siberia. Very interesting. Most of siberian catholic are polish whose parents were deported in goulag. The testimonies were very touching. There was daughter of Charity and Missionaries of Charity, as well as lesser known orders. 

Is this on Netflix? How did you watch it? (Is Netflix in France? :blush:)

NadaTeTurbe
23 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

Is this on Netflix? How did you watch it? (Is Netflix in France? :blush:)

It's on youtube, it's from KTO (kind of EWTN in France, they post everything on youtube !). But it's in French. I don't know if youtube subtitles are going to work ? 

and yes, we have netflix ! But they don't have a lot of movies : they have to wait three years after the movie release to post it on Netflix, and interesting movies copyrights belongs to other site. 

truthfinder
2 hours ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

It's on youtube, it's from KTO (kind of EWTN in France, they post everything on youtube !). But it's in French. I don't know if youtube subtitles are going to work ? 

I watched the first 2 mins with the CC turned on and to autotranslate - the French is translated not too badly but when it picks up some Russian it goes a little off.  But it seems like a non-francophone would be able to get the gist of it.  

Thanks for posting this because I'll definitely be watching it later.

What is auto translate.This could be useful for a video I am trying to watch a  Mercedarian Friars video that was made in the 1950's. 

truthfinder
59 minutes ago, John Paul said:

What is auto translate.This could be useful for a video I am trying to watch a  Mercedarian Friars video that was made in the 1950's. 

It's a function on some youtube videos; it's under the settings on the videos.  Some are okay, some are absolutely terrible in the translation - basically google translate but for video close-captioning.