An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nihil's Stream Of Insanity

Nihil Obstat

truthfinder

He was doing confirmations for the Resistance. Our friend M got us in as guests.

Interesting - I had no idea there the Resistance was there, but I'm not surprised either considering their numbers.  The whole place didn't go over did they?

Nihil Obstat

Interesting - I had no idea there the Resistance was there, but I'm not surprised either considering their numbers.  The whole place didn't go over did they?

No, very few. I would say there were less than fifty there, and apparently it drew people from Saskatchewan and possibly even Manitoba.

It was painfully obvious that they do not have Mass very often. Were not very good at it...

truthfinder

No, very few. I would say there were less than fifty there, and apparently it drew people from Saskatchewan and possibly even Manitoba.

It was painfully obvious that they do not have Mass very often. Were not very good at it...

Yeah, I looked them up.  It looks like Mass in Calgary is very rare; it's mostly just done in Ontario.  So sad really to not have weekly Mass.  

And I saw that St. Denis' website hadn't undergone any changes that would indicate a change on their part. (Also, looking at some baptisms done out here, it looks like they were using wildly underaged godparents, unless they were proxies). 

If I had been there, I'd have probably started humming the Sound of Music...just to see if I got a reaction.

Nihil Obstat

I get the impression that most of them will only go to Mass with a Resistance priest. Which will be rare. And it shows in my opinion.

NadaTeTurbe

So I met former SSPX bishop Richard Williamson today. Was not the greatest time ever. I did not agree with several of his points and frankly, like I have been saying for a while now, I think he is being led by a spirit not from God.

I met him (before he ordained Msgr Faure), and I agree, he is not led by spirit from God. It was a painful experience. One of my friend come from a SSPX family (she is no longer SSPX), and her family split up between résistance (I don't want to give a capital to them. True Resistance was De Gaulle against the nazis, Lechwalesa against the communist), and SSPX members. Very sad story :( 

• 5 months later...

The wedding I attended yesterday was incredibly beautiful, and few people had dry eyes throughout the entire day and evening. It is very rare for me to cry, and I did not, but I was close.

V4vENE6.jpg

Telltale traits of traditionalists. :hehe: You can see two scapulars in that picture. I know for a fact there was one more, and I have a reasonable suspicion there was also a fourth.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎4‎:‎17‎:‎11‎, Nihil Obstat said:

Telltale traits of traditionalists. :hehe: You can see two scapulars in that picture. I know for a fact there was one more, and I have a reasonable suspicion there was also a fourth.

I knew it was a scapular! and not just some other jewellery. 

7 hours ago, truthfinder said:

I knew it was a scapular! and not just some other jewellery. 

Katy is asked about it at work frequently. Good little conversation starter.

On 6/29/2015, 10:37:55, Nihil Obstat said:

So I met former SSPX bishop Richard Williamson today. Was not the greatest time ever. I did not agree with several of his points and frankly, like I have been saying for a while now, I think he is being led by a spirit not from God.

I believe that Archbishop Lefebvre was chosen by the Holy Spirit to preserve the link with Tradition after VII.  I do not believe that when the crsis in the Church and in the world is reaching a crescendo, the Holy Spirit would choose BW to start the whole thing over from scratch.  I don't believe the Holy Spirit would play musical chairs with the salvation of souls.