An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's Talk Dominicans!

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qnSzhomZEbY/TT8xM-dRTsI/AAAAAAAAAqo/FgBgBw2Oq_M/s1600/5379730733_5473d9367c_b.jpg[/img]

I SEE BOTH OF THE DSMME'S THAT I KNOW!!! :dance:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qnSzhomZEbY/TT8xMVGG3EI/AAAAAAAAAqg/0RXk_oMNIEY/s1600/DSC00726.JPG[/img]

Oh, and in this one, too!!! :D (I'd just like to add, their capes - I know, I know, they're called mantles - are AMAZING.)

Baby friars hatch near me....

And some of those Sisters must be VERY tall... Fr. Anselm (tall guy in back row, partly hidden in one picture)-- he is WAY over 6 feet tall!

Edited by AnneLine

DiscerningCatholic

Haha! Well, I know that both of "my" sisters were taller than me with their huge shoes on. And the sister furthest to the right standing between the two friars looks super tall.

Those two friars aren't as tall as some of their brethren -- but it looks like she is AS tall as Fr Anslem in the 2nd picture... so she must be about 6 foot!

Of course... the first picture is on grass (I think at the Marina Green), and I don't know if it is flat or not -- The second one is at Justin Herman Plaza, downtown -- almost certainly assembled for the March for Life....

The brickwork at the Plaza is flat, so we can make better size comparisons on that one... but ANY size Dominicans are nice to see....

Edited by AnneLine

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1351128852' post='2497282']
I'm 5'7"... :| Tall compared to many 16 year old people I know.
[/quote]

DANNNNGGGG YOU ARE TALL!!! I am under 5'2......

OK, you wanna talk Dominicans -- this was a profession from a few years back...

[indent=2]
[color=#0000FF]EDIT: I tried to post it but the company won't let me upload it.[/color][/indent]

[indent=2][color=#0000FF]So... here's what you do:[/color][/indent]
[indent=2]
[color=#0000FF]Go to [url="http://www.vimeo.com"]www.vimeo.com[/url][/color][/indent]

[indent=2][color=#0000FF]Search for 'Domincan Profession' (you are looking for the one from 2007)[/color][/indent]

Yes, there IS an AnneLine sighting in it.... towards the end in the celebration after the Professions.... in the company of three Dominican Sisters from Mission San Jose.

The ceremony is beautiful! Enjoy!!!!!

[i][color=#0000FF]Oh.... one other thing, before someone asks -- those are NOT weird hangings on the Church walls -- they were doing a repair/retrofit of the beautiful windows..... so lots of paper and plastic covering BIG holes![/color][/i]

Edited by AnneLine

I have Domincan aunts. One feature of Dominicans that the younger aunt ALWAYS liked is the fact the friars and the sisters wear basically the same habit - the veil versus the hood, but basically the same habit. When she was young and in formation at the motherhouse, she was walking across the campus one day and noticed a nun some distance in front of her - she was trying to figure out which of the sisters it was, when she noticed, "Sister forgot to put her veil on - and she's BALD!"

Turned out to be a friar.

Edited by Luigi

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1351128793' post='2497280']
I like da Dominican Swag, yo
[/quote]

:woot: Best ever!

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1351128981' post='2497285']
DANNNNGGGG YOU ARE TALL!!! I am under 5'2......
[/quote]

Shorty. :hehe:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1351131427' post='2497323']
Let's not talk about them and say we did. :P
[/quote]

<_<