An Old School Catholic Message Board

1 Week Till The Salesians!

Katiebobatie94

Katiebobatie94

Soo this coming Friday (November 2) I will be going to visit the Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco!!! I am beyond excited, like to the point where I am ready to jump out of my skin. The VD and I have skyped, facebooked, texted, and spoke on the phone but I have never actually met her in person.
I am kind of nervous though. My dad is driving me there (since I don't drive) and he doesn't know I am discerning. He thinks its another youth group thing.....
Prayers Please! <3

Do these sisters wear a habit? My first saint movie was Don Bosco on EWTN. I was captivated by him and his mission! Truely a saint to me!! I wish you a grace filled special visit on all Souls Day!! He was such a life saver to so many chidren. It is so wonderful to be discerning a vocation at this time in your young life! Kudos and prayers for you!

The Salesians were my previous discernment choice. Things did not work out, but they have an amesome charism, if you are called to it.

• 4 weeks later...
Katiebobatie94

So......because of the hurricane, I never actually made it to the Salesians :(
There is another Come & See sometime in December.....I'm praying that it works out this time!
Happy Thanksgiving!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Katiebobatie94' timestamp='1351315729' post='2498416']
Soo this coming Friday (November 2) I will be going to visit the Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco!!! I am beyond excited, like to the point where I am ready to jump out of my skin. The VD and I have skyped, facebooked, texted, and spoke on the phone but I have never actually met her in person.
I am kind of nervous though. My dad is driving me there (since I don't drive) and he doesn't know I am discerning. He thinks its another youth group thing.....
Prayers Please! <3
[/quote]

The Salesians are a wonderful Order! I discerned with them early on and if the Sisters are anything like the Brothers, you will have an amesome time! I spoke with the vocation director of the western part of the Order on the phone, and he was this really amesome Asian Priest that was a lot of fun to talk to!

I'll definitely pray for you, especially considering that your dad doesn't know! I hope everything goes well!

[quote name='Katiebobatie94' timestamp='1353642566' post='2515087']
DEFINITELY GOING IN DECEMBER!!!!! :woot: :dance5:
[/quote]

Yaaay! Congratulations and safe travels for you and your dad. Do you know when you are going? I am sure you are so excited!

Katiebobatie94

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1353643808' post='2515097']
Yaaay! Congratulations and safe travels for you and your dad. Do you know when you are going? I am sure you are so excited!
[/quote]

yeah, its December 7-9. So thats like 2 weeks away!!! And its only an hour away so it shouldn't be too bad of a trip