4 replies to this topic

#1 beatitude

beatitude

PM Super Alien

• Church Militant
  • 1,075 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

My parish is having a party for All Saints' Day where you have to come dressed as a saint. I didn't find out it was a costume party until this morning and I don't have time to dream up anything elaborate. Any ideas? Right now I think St Clare might be the easiest to replicate. I don't have anything brown to pass as a habit, but I have a black scarf and I'm sure I could create something resembling a wimple. Then I would just need some gold and white card to create the monstrance that she's often depicted with.

#2 EmilyAnn

EmilyAnn

Narf.

• Church Militant
  • 3,416 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

There's a thread over in VS about easy to make nun costumes: http://www.phatmass....sy-nun-costume/

#3 AnneLine

AnneLine

Hanging around, looking for God, enjoying the Pham....

• Church Militant
  • 9,304 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Easiest possible St. Clare type wimple --

Take two white dish cloths or pillow cases.

Put one around your forehead and safety pin in the back. Let extra fabric hang down your back.

Take the second one, put it under your chin and pass it up, over your ears, and safety pin to the TOP of the first one. Put a black veil over the whole thing, and you are set!!!!

You are absolutely right about the monstrance. :)

That should set you up just fine!

#4 Ed Normile

Ed Normile

Master Fisherman

• n00b
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Why would a saint need a costume anyway?

ed

#5 tinytherese

tinytherese

"Mankind is not evil, just uninformed." Professor X

• Church Militant
  • 6,150 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

I've gone as saints a couple of times for Halloween. One year, I turned a costume which was meant to be a costume for the Greek Goddess Athena into a St. Philomena dress. Then, my mom pinned a crown of plastic lilies around my head since she was a princess and a virgin martyr. Another year, I took a princess outfit and went as St. Elizabeth of Hungary since she was a queen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users