An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is The Mother Of All Youtubes, Watch.

Freedom

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351804478' post='2502187']
I sure could, but it will have to be after I love Satan first.
[/quote]
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1351711068' post='2501331']
This is how I am beginning to feel about all the election blah-de-blah...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrthOPLAKM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]
[/quote]
I want one of those for Gillard and Abbott!

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1351804697' post='2502193']
:huh: :huh: :huh:
[/quote]
You must look at the context, what she was addressing, and who she was addressing.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1351711068' post='2501331']
This is how I am beginning to feel about all the election blah-de-blah...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrthOPLAKM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]
[/quote]

This kid would not know about this election unless her parents gave her way too much information, that resembles child abuse in my book. This kid is not ready for politics yet and her parents are involving her with their own confusion, that is so cruel. I would cry too.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351804478' post='2502187']

[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I sure could, but it will have to be after I love Satan first.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]
For someone so self-righteous, I'm surprised you don't sanctimoniously proclaim love for everyone.

[quote name='Sylvanna Imbris' timestamp='1351750606' post='2501891']
Every time I hear that a 3rd party vote is lost because those candidates aren't "viable," I think of [i]I, Robot[/i].
Detective Spooner and a child (Sarah) are about to drown. A robot assesses the situation and, being able to choose only one of them, chooses to save Spooner, since he is much more likely to survive. Spooner lived, the girl drowned, and Spooner is horrified by the robot's choice:
“I was the logical choice. It calculated that I had a 45% chance of survival. Sarah only had an 11% chance. That was somebody’s baby. 11% is more than enough. A human being would’ve known that.”
What does likelihood of success have to do with the moral question at all? You do what is right and you take that risk and leave the rest in God's hands.
This was the attitude of the saints. None of them ever said "There is no way we can spread the Gospel. No one will ever believe us. Instead, we should preach just the parts that are most likely to be accepted. Some Gospel is better than no Gospel!" No! And they would definitely never say that someone who doesn't share that approach wants people to be ignorant of the Gospel. Sure, telling the whole truth might push people away from the faith, but that doesn't mean that those who tell the whole truth are TRYING to make people lose their faith!
I have no doubt that there are well-meaning people on both sides of the "3rd party/thrown away vote" question. People on both sides feel that their consciences are well-formed, and nothing but GOOD SOLID REASONS are going to sway them. So if you think someone else is wrong, you need to have solid reasons, not name calling. Saying that 3rd party voters are liberal or that they really want Obama to win is not going to convince them. In fact, it will just convince them that you don't care about what they think or what their consciences tell them. Insults aren't helping anyone form their conscience better, they just hurt people and tempt them to be uncharitable.

I am going to pick a better candidate and I am going to trust God. And I don't think this is naïve at all. I'm not going to vote for the lesser evil just because I think other people will do the same. It isn't valid to say that 3rd party candidates never have a chance. Remember Jesse Ventura becoming governor of Minnesota? 3rd party candidate, no chance of winning. He succeeded because enough people decided to vote 3rd party [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_gubernatorial_election,_1998"]http://en.wikipedia...._election,_1998[/url] (I preferred Norm Coleman, but it still proves the point). With the help of God and his Church, form your conscience, follow it, and leave the outcome in God's hands.
[/quote]

Blah blah blah. It does NOT COUNT during the Presidential election because of the Electoral College. 3rd party votes get NO ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTES. Go throw your vote in the trash, cuz that's all you're doing.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351806126' post='2502211']
sanctimoniously
[/quote]
Like any of us actually know what that word means.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351806151' post='2502212']
Blah blah blah. It does NOT COUNT during the Presidential election because of the Electoral College. 3rd party votes get NO ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTES. Go throw your vote in the trash, cuz that's all you're doing.
[/quote]
Consequentialism.

You are so obvious, you are luring people to vote for a 3rd party, so Obama can win! But you know better and people should know better not to vote for a 3rd party.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351806244' post='2502215']
You are so obvious, you are luring people to vote for a 3rd party, so Obama can win! But you know better and people should know better not to vote for a 3rd party.
[/quote]
So as someone who completely rejects central planning, and pre-emptive war, I hope Obama gets elected?

Do you read, or just watch Fox (except Napolitano or that other libertarian guy)?

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1351806344' post='2502217']
I feel like maybe English isn't your mother tongue?
[/quote]

It's clear you understood very well what I said and that's all that counts. I speak several languages, English is one of them which makes me above many who only speak English, don't you think?

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351806619' post='2502221']

It's clear you understood very well what I said and that's all that counts. I speak several languages, English is one of them which makes me above many who only speak English, don't you think?
[/quote]
Nothing wrong with being on top.