An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is The Mother Of All Youtubes, Watch.

Freedom

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351631507' post='2500508']

The name calling is only in your head, sweetie.
[/quote]

Freedom, I am trying to be very nice. I sympathize with you and I in fact see your argument on why a 3rd party vote is a wasted vote. But you are being difficult. Please, let's just speak rationally. I'm certain that we as a brother and sister in Christ can do this.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1351631522' post='2500509']
it may be a rough road..

BUT GOD IS WORTH IT!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, I know it is rough, look what's happening to me here.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351631604' post='2500510']

Freedom, I am trying to be very nice. I sympathize with you and I in fact see your argument on why a 3rd party vote is a wasted vote. But you are being difficult. Please, let's just speak rationally. I'm certain that we as a brother and sister in Christ can do this.
[/quote]

If you feel persecuted when you're not, please seek help kiddo, that could be detrimental to your health.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351631835' post='2500516']

If you feel persecuted when you're not, please seek help kiddo, that could be detrimental to your health.
[/quote]

This is why people say you are a troll. You are being difficult and uncooperative. I have been nice, I have agreed with you on some things, and I have asked for us to become friends, because I really wouldn't mind being friends with you. But you are choosing to try and annoy me, which is troll-like behavior. And by the way, it isn't working.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351631955' post='2500520']

This is why people say you are a troll. You are being difficult and uncooperative. I have been nice, I have agreed with you on some things, and I have asked for us to become friends, because I really wouldn't mind being friends with you. But you are choosing to try and annoy me, which is troll-like behavior. And by the way, it isn't working.
[/quote]

Here comes the victim in you again. It seems chronic, sorry.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351632166' post='2500523']
Here comes the victim in you again. It seems chronic, sorry.
[/quote]

I am not playing a victim. Stop being difficult and be nice to your Christian family. We are one, not the left wing Catholic side and the right wing Catholic side. We are the one and only body of Christ that is not separated, but united. Jesus wants nothing more than for us to love and support each other in our journey to heaven, and I would like to begin mutually helping each other on our journeys to heaven. I would be very delighted if you accepted this.

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351632400' post='2500526']

I am not playing a victim. Stop being difficult and be nice to your Christian family. We are one, not the left wing Catholic side and the right wing Catholic side. We are the one and only body of Christ that is not separated, but united. Jesus wants nothing more than for us to love and support each other in our journey to heaven, and I would like to begin mutually helping each other on our journeys to heaven. I would be very delighted if you accepted this.
[/quote]

says the liberal hippie...

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351632400' post='2500526']

[/quote]

Now you're talking! No words were better said. Thank you, I couldn't agree more. Just practice what you preach and we will all be fine.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351632689' post='2500533']
Now you're talking! No words were better said. Thank you, I couldn't agree more. Just practice what you preach and we will all be fine.
[/quote]

Certainly. If we all mutually just stick with this agreement things will be fine. This doesn't mean we won't sometimes disagree, but families disagree all the time and it is okay to disagree. Just as long as we adhere to all Church teaching than we will be good. :)

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351632892' post='2500534']

Certainly. If we all mutually just stick with this agreement things will be fine. This doesn't mean we won't sometimes disagree, but families disagree all the time and it is okay to disagree. Just as long as we adhere to all Church teaching than we will be good. :)
[/quote]

Hope springs eternal.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351632689' post='2500533']
[/quote]
I, for one, can appreciate your positivity.

thanks!

Let's try to ignore the arguments against the user Freedom for her tactics, please leave that alone, that's just as much a distraction as everything else is (remember, ad argumentum not ad hominem). We should instead engage the arguments brought by the video; the exact type of arguments I was consistently HOPING and trying to ARGUE THAT people like freedom should be making. These are [b]more legitimate arguments [/b]and they deserve real discussion.

First TELLING statement in the youtube video: "You [b]can[/b] question where Romney stands..." Absolutely true. You absolutely can question where Romney stands and it is by no means clearly evident that he stands one way or another (his lack of stance has produced increasing pro-abortion policies during his term as governor of Massachusetts, but who's counting, not like he's running for governor of Massachusetts, right?)

#1a Partial birth abortion, Born Alive Infant Protection Act-- No actual legislative action is currently in place, NOR is President Obama currently legislating for such action (nor is there ANY group advocating or lobbying for such legislation credibly, even NARAL took a neutral stance on the Born Alive Protection Act), there is 0% chance that Partial Birth Abortion will be legalized or that the Born Alive Infant Protection Act will be overturned. The fact that Obama was supportive of these things during his career is a great indictment against the evil of his positions, certainly, but the fact that they are not being threatened legislatively makes them election non-issues.

#1b Obama-care- I have already on multiple occasions SHOWN exactly how Mitt Romney has positioned himself to maintain Obama-care. The idea of "death-panels" has been brought up in the video, this is a distraction issue in my opinion (the idea of who should and should not get health care that should save their life is already decided in many different ways that are more or less ethical), and it is much more important to address the other issue of how Obama-care finances abortions/sterilizations/contraception. It's all financed under the same idea: the mandate to pay for health insurance; all of these things were mandated ALSO under the Massachusetts Romney-care health care mandate that forced the exact same kind of health care coverage that Obama-care did.

#2 Same-sex marriage.

Obama thinks same-sex marriage should be up to the states (even in his recent statement in support of same sex marriage, he stated that):

Romney thinks same-sex marriage should be up to the states (while governor of a state he supported civil unions):

#3 Israel and the idea of Irania nuclear missals and meeting with Benjamin NUTinyahu: Did you even see his cartoonish explanation in the UN?? Seriously? In [b]1992[/b] Benjamin Netanyahu said Iran was 3-5 years from a nuclear weapon; 21 years letter he's saying the SAME FREAKING THING. [url="http://original.antiwar.com/smith-grant/2012/07/03/netanyahu-worked-inside-nuclear-smuggling-ring/"] Netanyahu himself was suspected of illegal smuggling of nuclear secrets from the USA[/url], and Israel is one of only 3 nations (includeing Israel, Pakistan, and Israel) to refuse to sign the IAEA Nuclear non-proliferation treaty (if you're good at maths, you'll recognize that Iran [b]has signed[/b] this treaty and to date has not violated the terms of it) and is one of the largest stockpiles of nuclear weapons in the Middle East.

#4 Obama has actually consistently come out in defense of American freedom of speech, but he also expressed that the American administration adamantly rejects the stupidity of the youtube video that was claimed to be a part of the middle east riots that resulted in the death of an American ambassador. [b]For One:[/b] the video itself was absolutely stupid and ridiculous, but nonetheless Obama's administration was correct not to surpress it in any way. The alleged maker of the video having violated the terms of his parole had nothing to do with the Obama administration, and had everything to do with the stupidity of an idiot ex-con who continued to use false names even though he was previously convicted of such action. [b]And Secondly,[/b] the video really didn't have much to do with the real outrage in the middle east; the outrage was centered in places like Libya, Pakistan, and Yemen where people turned out to be outraged mostly about the AGGRESSIVELY VIOLENT policies that the Obama has been spearheading in those countries that have resulted in huge amounts of civilian countries that have understandably made the people upset.

#5 The economy is simply no reason to prefer Romney to Obama; the entitlement and joblessness increase is a result of the cumulation of the policies especially of Jimmy Carter, Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama. The Debt we face now is primarily the result of the cumulation of Reagan, Bush H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Obama;m though honorable mention on entitlement and joblessness can be given to Reagan and Geoge H.W., and honorable mention on the debt increase can be given to Clinton. In all of these things, Romney represents a continuation of the same trajectory.

So if Obama wins, this is what does this video say we can expect?:
"the internet to be regulated, the dollar to be worthless, the constitution to be shredded, and for the civilian military to show up on your door for speech violations"
Romney suppots regulating the Internet, folks. That is an an absolutely null point, he explicitly supports such things; and not only that, his own party has spearheaded such things (sans a few objections most notably the Ron/Rand Paul clan who were the biggest sounders of the alarm on such issues)
Romney's economic policies will also result in the worthlessness of the dollar.
Romney will look towards his lawyers, not the Constitution, to figure out what he can and cannot do. He is assuredly happy to continue in the precedents that grant the executive branch more power (which is why his own party in congress has had no serious effort to curb Obama's precedents of executive power; just like Democrats had no credible oppositions to Bush's grabs for executive power)
And neither side is going to explicitly step up against free speech, though both sides have their own records of ways in which they will attempt to curtail it.