An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is The Mother Of All Youtubes, Watch.

Freedom

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351633621' post='2500545']
Have people not been warned for trolling, in the past? :|
[/quote]

If people think Freedom is a troll they shouldn't respond to her. She doesn't trouble me. Seems cool, once the election is over maybe others will see that more easily.

To stop those monsters 1-2-3, Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free, It's got Paul Anka's guarantee... Guarantee void in Tennessee. Just don't look! Just don't look! Just don't look! Just don't look! Just don't look! Just don't look!

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351632689' post='2500533']
Now you're talking! No words were better said. Thank you, I couldn't agree more. Just practice what you preach and we will all be fine.
[/quote]
practicing what FP is preaching there includes refusing to give into the idea that Catholicity is synonymous with a particular voting block, my friend. we must all repudiate that idea and maintain our bound of sacramental unity despite the attempts of political groups to manipulate us; despite the different political roles we may take, we are all one body in Christ our Lord, we are all sons of Our Most Blessed Lady, and the idea that a difference of opinion on political issues could in any way stand as a separation to those profound and sacred realities should be repugnant to all of us, no matter what side we take.

Correction: I meant to say [b]India[/b][b], [/b]Israel, and Pakistan have refused to sign the treaty. And that [b]Israel[/b] is one of the largest stockpiles of Nuclear weapons on the middle east.

FYI, Catholic Moral Theology doesn't allow for the use of nuclear weapons [i]EVER[/i] by any nation; feel free to start another topic on that if you disagree on that and I'll do my best to obliterate you on support of such inherently non-combatant-targeting weaponry.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351635554' post='2500571']
Correction: I meant to say [b]India[/b][b], [/b]Israel, and Pakistan have refused to sign the treaty. And that [b]Israel[/b] is one of the largest stockpiles of Nuclear weapons on the middle east.

FYI, Catholic Moral Theology doesn't allow for the use of nuclear weapons [i]EVER[/i] by any nation; feel free to start another topic on that if you disagree on that and I'll do my best to obliterate you on support of such inherently non-combatant-targeting weaponry.
[/quote]
If anyone is interested, this notion of nuclear weapons as a legitimate option was successfully defeated years ago. I can find the old thread in which I remember it having been discussed, but Al is absolutely right on what Catholic moral theology teaches.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351629971' post='2500476']
[i]try[/i] and look beyond how the message is expressed, and try to hear the message. That's what turn the other cheek means.
[/quote]
Are you saying that Jesus meant to ignore the sting of a slap and try to hear the persons real message. That's deep bro. I think I like it. :)

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1351634303' post='2500553']
If people think Freedom is a troll they shouldn't respond to her. She doesn't trouble me. Seems cool, once the election is over maybe others will see that more easily.
[/quote]
I love KnightofChrist.

I have gotten into it on this site on the nuke question. It is rather shocking how many Catholics want to defend them. That is a debate I will get into any day.

Aloysius, sorry to inform you, but this long tirade that comes to the rescue of Obama's rear end, is not only full of inconsistencies but most of all boring because of it's length. FYI Obama and Romney are a million miles apart. Otherwise people would have no problem voting for one or the other if they were so similar as you say.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351638367' post='2500599']
this long tirade that comes to the rescue of Obama's rear end
[/quote]
Agreed.

This is my point Aloysius. The user named Freedom is new here. She hasn't read your thousands of other posts. You are an Obama defender to her. This is exactly what I was trying to tell you earlier. There is an inherent danger in equalizing different degrees of evil, because it will ultimately be perceived as you downplaying, and dare I say, defending, the greater evil.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351637490' post='2500594']
I have gotten into it on this site on the nuke question. It is rather shocking how many Catholics want to defend them. That is a debate I will get into any day.
[/quote]
We've been there and we'll do it again anytime. ;)

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351638463' post='2500600']
Agreed.

This is my point Aloysius. The user named Freedom is new here. She hasn't read your thousands of other posts. You are an Obama defender to her. This is exactly what I was trying to tell you earlier. There is an inherent danger in equalizing different degrees of evil, because it will ultimately be perceived as you downplaying, and dare I say, defending, the greater evil.
[/quote]

So true, I couldn't have said it better. To me he's being so transparent, he's an Obama lover under cover.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351638463' post='2500600']
Agreed.

[/quote]

she doesn't need to read all their posts to know that overall, they are posting with loads more charity than she herself is posting with.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351639251' post='2500606']

she doesn't need to read all their posts to know that overall, they are posting with loads more charity than she herself is posting with.
[/quote]
Charity is as charity does. I've seen equal attacks on both sides. She just happens to have more individual violations because she's the minority in the attacking.