An Old School Catholic Message Board

*my* Halloween Costume

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

Okay! Yeah, I've definitely heard the term cappa floating around on here, but I couldn't remember if it was the outer one or the inner one. I've always referred to their black cloak as a mantle, so I just guessed with this one. I'm really not sure. DOMINICANSOUL! GET YOUR FORMER DOMINICAN SELF IN HERE AND HELP US OUT! :P

DiscerningCatholic

That sounded right, but like I said, I've never seen all of the parts of the habit labeled at once, so I tend to forget! :P

ChristinaTherese

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1351791319' post='2502069']
LOLZ I did feel at home in the habit...but it wasn't exactly a legit habit. :|
[/quote]
I felt at home in mine (extremely non-legit as it was) too. (Of course, having knit stuff surrounding my head made me rather hot, which was annoying until I opened a window or two.... And I would have liked to adjust it so it looked more like what I wanted....)

Edited by Christina Thérèse

ChristinaTherese

No order in particular.... I wanted it to be Passionist, but all I could do was what I posted in VS and the second Graveyard Halloween thread.

I got to wear an actual holy habit. Lafayette let me borrow it!! Hah! It was for a youth event. I was Edith Stein... I scared the heck out of Jackie Francois in that thing! Haha

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/120205-remember-that-habit-i-borrowed/ two pics. I only got two. Made me so sad that I only got two terrible quality pics.

DiscerningCatholic

LOL my friend's response to this was, "You'd better start picking a feast day, because 100 years from now when you're dead, you'll have one!"

My response? "That'd be a FAST cannonization process!"