An Old School Catholic Message Board

Forget The President, What About The Marijuana?

dUSt

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1352257842' post='2505408']

I've never smoked pot myself, but I've got more than a handful of friends who do. All it does is make you tired, hungry and a bit silly.
[/quote]

Eh, I'd disagree. It was the downward spiral that changed my brother's personality. Not other drugs...just pot. Kept him from going to school and getting a good job. Held him back from taking care of himself. And the studies that show it is just as bad as alcohol whilst driving say a lot.

I think it may *help* the Mexican drug cartel situation but it wouldn't be the answer to it. I agree with Mark that I don't want my own healthcare to be jeopardized because it's an underfunded system made worse by abusers.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352293849' post='2505660']
Good grief... It's like waking up in Europe without all the cool castles.
[/quote]

Best. Comment. Ever!

I have friends that have been smoking pot since high school. We are still close. They seem fine to me. I still visit them at their parents' basement.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1352294198' post='2505667']
I have friends that have been smoking pot since high school. We are still close. They seem fine to me. I still visit them at their parents' basement.
[/quote]

LOL!!!

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1352294198' post='2505667']
[/quote]

Hahahaha!!!!!

But for real, all the pot heads I know seriously lack ambition. I used to be one, and I went to work, had my own place, car, etc. But I lack drive to grow in anyway (other then my weight- thank you munchies). Just my experience and I realize this is a totally subjective argument...

Yeah I guess the question regarding that is: does marijuana cause people to become "losers", or do "losers" just happen to gravitate toward marijuana?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1352296762' post='2505689']
Yeah I guess the question regarding that is: does marijuana cause people to become "losers", or do "losers" just happen to gravitate toward marijuana?
[/quote]
New thread!! :) :hippie:

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1352244382' post='2505342']

What about personal responsibility for your own healthcare?

So the state will determine what is healthy for you and what is not and what is a justified reason and what is not?
[/quote]

Get used to it man, if your an American citizen....

ed

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1352251242' post='2505377']
i just think it would put the mexican cartels out of business if we legalized pot... :)
[/quote]

No more than prohibition put booze makers out of business. The cartels would flourish probably, the pot would be much cheaper that the stuff that was taxed through all the states. That was how prohibition started the booze runners and the crime bosses made millions from it.

ed

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1352300832' post='2505724']
Doesn't the adverse side effects of pot smoking go against all this overt operation to battle obesity.
[/quote]

Ooh I love that angle! ;)

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1352300246' post='2505719']
Get used to it man, if your an American citizen....

ed
[/quote]

Never. I will stand and be a constant voice for life, liberty, and the pursuit if happiness to RESTORE AMERICA.

missionseeker

On the obesity angle, many people who smoke cigarettes gain a lot weight when they quit. Should we encourage them to keep smoking?