An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ryan / Rubio Vs Biden / Clinton 2016

dUSt

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352272110' post='2505600']

I'm sorry, I don't like the Sex Pistols. Motley Crue is better.
[/quote]
Nobody is perfect. :console:

I'm most likely to throw my support behind Rand Paul in 2016 assuming he continues to do the good work in the Senate that he has been doing. This is the field of Republican Primary candidates that I foresee stepping up in four years:

Rand Paul
Paul Ryan (maybe, being part of a losing team in a general election is sometimes a killer, but he's probably still alive if he wants to throw his hat in)
Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
Marco Rubio
Probably a couple people I have not heard of yet.

I don't know who is poised to step in for the Democrats... I just don't see Biden being their guy to follow Barack, and I think Hillary might be a bit tired of it all, maybe we'll see both parties have wide fields from the start.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352272254' post='2505601']
Nobody is perfect. :console:
[/quote]

There's a reason Motley Crue is still famous and the Sex Pistols are long gone. Namely Vince Neil getting a singing teacher after the first few albums. After that his vocals got much better.

I think it is going to be Obama again in 2016. I think he is going to repeal the 22nd amendment and become a dictator by 2020.

GeorgiiMichael

I can see Clinton running and getting the party nomination. She's killed it as Sec of State (in a good way, at least until that Benghazi disaster, oh croutons, that pun is COMPLETELY unintentional). There's no way they'd let Biden get anywhere closer to the Oval Office than he is now. He's the last thing the Democrats need in the White House. In fact, I think the Dems did with him what the GOP did with Teddy Roosevelt way back when. Fortunately for the Dems, Obama wasn't assassinated like McKinley. The only other name I've heard from the Democrat side is Martin O'Malley, the Maryland governor. He's a big party hero after all the referendums that he wanted passed were passed, including gay marriage and the DREAM Act (the DREAM Act being something I actually supported).

The previously mentioned GOP field sounds about right, although I doubt Ryan will try, although Edwards did the last go around after being on the losing ticket in 2004.

GeorgiiMichael

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1352274090' post='2505613']
I think it is going to be Obama again in 2016. I think he is going to repeal the 22nd amendment and become a dictator by 2020.
[/quote]
I realize this is probably facetious, but on the off chance it isn't, there's no way that he'd be able to get enough support in order to pass a repeal amendment. Even if he had the entire Democratic Party on his side (which he almost certainly wouldn't), he wouldn't have the 3/4 of the states needed in order to pass the amendment.

missionseeker

They could run Rubio on his good looks and that he's a minority. I think Rubio and Rice would be an interesting pair.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1352274732' post='2505619']
They could run Rubio on his good looks and that he's a minority. I think Rubio and Rice would be an interesting pair.
[/quote]

Though I love the food, I don't like Rice because she is pro-choice. To add to that, she s way too closely connected to the Bush presidency which would do the campaign no favors at all. I'm pretty sure Republicans get elected now by laying out their list of what they didn't support that George Bush did and trying to disconnect themselves from him as much as possible when they didn't disagree with him much. "Well, I supported the war, yes. But our eye colors are not the same, so we're totally different people."

missionseeker

Perhaps. But she seems to be less pro choice and more anti-federal involvement to me.

Also most of that post (though I gave no indication of it) was facetious. A person should not run because of their looks or the color of their skin. I hate when people blame race as the reason certain sections of American were strongly anti-Obama. I'm honestly afraid that putting Rubio would play to both the "good looks" idea and the racial/demographic issue. If the man is a good candidate that's fine- run him. But to run a man because he can appeal more to certain people because of the color of his skin- that's just as racist as not voting for Obama because he's black.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1352275824' post='2505622']
Perhaps. But she seems to be less pro choice and more anti-federal involvement to me.

Also most of that post (though I gave no indication of it) was facetious. A person should not run because of their looks or the color of their skin. I hate when people blame race as the reason certain sections of American were strongly anti-Obama. I'm honestly afraid that putting Rubio would play to both the "good looks" idea and the racial/demographic issue. If the man is a good candidate that's fine- run him. But to run a man because he can appeal more to certain people because of the color of his skin- that's just as racist as not voting for Obama because he's black.
[/quote]

As Rubio himself said last night, the Republican party needs to reach out more to minorities if it plans to stay in the game. Simply putting a pretty minority face on a platform won't work as we saw done at the convention. They need to reach out and explain why they think it is more logical to vote Republican. The good news is after four more years the economy will smell of elderberries so bad the GOP candidate will practically be thrown into the oval office, though. We just need to make sure it's a good one this time.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352271368' post='2505584']

Ronald Reagan tried to greet Germans when he was president. He mispronounced one part of the word, and instead of a greeting it translated into "I like jelly doughnuts." That's a true story. Look it up.
[/quote]

I think you're thinking of Kennedy, and it's not actually true.

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1352274490' post='2505618']

I realize this is probably facetious, but on the off chance it isn't, there's no way that he'd be able to get enough support in order to pass a repeal amendment. Even if he had the entire Democratic Party on his side (which he almost certainly wouldn't), he wouldn't have the 3/4 of the states needed in order to pass the amendment.
[/quote]

I wasn't being facetious. I truly believe that he will do whatever he can to run again in 2016. He doesn't believe in the Constitution and ignores it whenever he can.

Rubio/Christie 2016. One campaign night you can have Rubio giving that amazing speech about how his father worked as a bartender to help his son make it through school, meanwhile, knowing NY is a lost cause, you can have Christie stumping in NJ saying "and I'll tell those New Yorkers to get the Hell outta Jersey!"