An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Pick Your New Religious Name, What Would It Be?

Kateri89

Not changing my name wouldn't be that big of a deal for me and definitely not a deal breaker. It is fun to think about (I guess kind of like how other women might think of possible names for their future children).

Part of me would like to keep my baptismal name (not my legal because I was baptized and comfirmed as an adult) so I would be Sr Theresa Thoma (or a variation such as Sr Theresa Thomas or St Thomas)

ToJesusMyHeart

What about Sr. Mary Elizabeth Anne?  Or just Sr. Mary Elizabeth to symbolize the Visitation?  If you want a different spelling you can use Sr. Mary Isabelle as Isabelle is the alternate form of Elizabeth.  If you wanted to go biblical, you could do Sr. Miriam Elisheba (Hebrew).  I know many versions of the name as I wanted this name for myself and wanted to know in preparation if someone had the same name already.  Hannah is alternate of Anne (my Confirmation name is Anne).  ;)

I've got a good alternate for you:

Sr. Hannah Elisheba

Lol   :hehe2:

Maybe Sr. Anne Elizabeth Mariae    (<---"of Mary")

• 1 year later...

Br./Fr.John Paul of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Br./Fr.Bernard Mary

Br./Fr.Bernard of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Br./Fr.John Paul Marie (or Mary) of Saint Therese.

NadaTeTurbe

Sr (my name), I would love to be able to keep my name. He have a very beautiful meaning, is lovely to hear, and my parents choose it.

If I have to change my name... i don't know, I would ask to take the french translation of my name who is spanish ? Or something who sound like it. Or my name with Maria/Marie. I think I would ask to keep it. If I really really really have to have a drastic change of name, I would take Judith because of the Judith of the Bible. 

orapronobis

Brother John Julian- for John of the Cross and Julian of Norwich :)

Edited by orapronobis

NadaTeTurbe

Oh ! I just think it could also be cool to choose the name of your father or mother, no ? Like, my parent are atheist, and if I have to change my name it would  anger them (they think it's disrespectful). I would love to take my grand mother name but it's a spanish name well known for a book and a opera who is, herm, not so catholic ;) 

TheresaThoma

For me it would be some combination/variation of these

Edith or Teresa (for St Edith Stien)

Magdalene

Johanna (my dad's name was John so I would love to incorporate that)

Myriam

So maybe Sr Johanna Myriam, Sr Edith Johanna or Sr Myriam Edith

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, Yinepu Sanctimonialis said:

My choice would be Sr. Therese Chiara - of the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration (PCPA) 

Explain the picture you choose under your profile... 

Yinepu Sanctimonialis
1 hour ago, Makarioi said:

Explain the picture you choose under your profile... 

Thank you for your inquiry :) I explained - or I was trying - in the "About me" section / "Explain your avatar" forum thread.

Edited by Yinepu Sanctimonialis

Yinepu Sanctimonialis:  (the quote didn't work) 

To me, that is disrespectful. It's bad enough that people dress as Catholic nuns in a horrid, derogatory ways much less to have it depicted here in our Phorum and to have it a PCPA, which is an order quite familiar to many of us. 

Edited by Makarioi

Yinepu Sanctimonialis
7 hours ago, Makarioi said:

Yinepu Sanctimonialis:  (the quote didn't work) 

To me, that is disrespectful. It's bad enough that people dress as Catholic nuns in a horrid, derogatory ways much less to have it depicted here in our Phorum and to have it a PCPA, which is an order quite familiar to many of us. 

You are absolutely right. But, as I said, I made this costume from an artistic point of view, I would not want to degrade anything or anyone. :( I've also changed my photos, so that nobody would feel like I was wrong with them. ...Please forgive me...