Kateri89

If You Could Pick Your New Religious Name, What Would It Be?

NadaTeTurbe

Oh ! I just think it could also be cool to choose the name of your father or mother, no ? Like, my parent are atheist, and if I have to change my name it would  anger them (they think it's disrespectful). I would love to take my grand mother name but it's a spanish name well known for a book and a opera who is, herm, not so catholic ;) 

TheresaThoma

For me it would be some combination/variation of these

Edith or Teresa (for St Edith Stien)

Magdalene

Johanna (my dad's name was John so I would love to incorporate that)

Myriam

So maybe Sr Johanna Myriam, Sr Edith Johanna or Sr Myriam Edith

Yinepu Sanctimonialis

My choice would be Sr. Therese Chiara - of the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration (PCPA) 

Makarioi
6 hours ago, Yinepu Sanctimonialis said:

My choice would be Sr. Therese Chiara - of the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration (PCPA) 

Explain the picture you choose under your profile... 

Yinepu Sanctimonialis
1 hour ago, Makarioi said:

Explain the picture you choose under your profile... 

Thank you for your inquiry :) I explained - or I was trying - in the "About me" section / "Explain your avatar" forum thread.

Edited by Yinepu Sanctimonialis

Saintclare2009

I would pick sister Jacinta Bernadette of the Eucharist or sister Clare Therese. :)

Makarioi

Yinepu Sanctimonialis:  (the quote didn't work) 

To me, that is disrespectful. It's bad enough that people dress as Catholic nuns in a horrid, derogatory ways much less to have it depicted here in our Phorum and to have it a PCPA, which is an order quite familiar to many of us. 

Edited by Makarioi

Yinepu Sanctimonialis
7 hours ago, Makarioi said:

Yinepu Sanctimonialis:  (the quote didn't work) 

To me, that is disrespectful. It's bad enough that people dress as Catholic nuns in a horrid, derogatory ways much less to have it depicted here in our Phorum and to have it a PCPA, which is an order quite familiar to many of us. 

You are absolutely right. But, as I said, I made this costume from an artistic point of view, I would not want to degrade anything or anyone. :( I've also changed my photos, so that nobody would feel like I was wrong with them. ...Please forgive me...

Francis Clare

Okay.....enough is enough.  The PCPA "thing" has now officially gotten out of hand IMHO. What is going on here?  Every week it seems to be something/somebody else!  Stop it already, please.  Where has our respect gone?  And why is this happening with new posters to VS?  Do we have a prolonged full moon or what.........

Marsabielle
6 hours ago, Francis Clare said:

Okay.....enough is enough.  The PCPA "thing" has now officially gotten out of hand IMHO. What is going on here?  Every week it seems to be something/somebody else!  Stop it already, please.  Where has our respect gone?  And why is this happening with new posters to VS?  Do we have a prolonged full moon or what.........

I don't post very much… But could it be the same person with different accounts?I don't post very much… Could it be the same person with different accounts?

Filumena

Sr. Emil for Emil Kapaun. 

Sr. Filumena because I like the Latin and because that is what was on her tomb.

Sr. Kateri because that is my confirmation name. 

OnlySunshine

Still my fave - Sr. Mary Elizabeth of the Divine Mercy (or Sacred Heart of Jesus)

Hasn't changed in years. :)

EleanorW

Mercury is in retrograde.

I would probably take a name to honor my grandmother, but it's a Hebrew name.  Not sure that's allowed.

DominiCanis2

I want to become an Dominican sister and would love to be named Sr. Judith Beatrijs.

Judith is my present name and to honour my parents who gave it to me, I´d like to keep it. It is also a good Biblical name of course; the courage of the Biblical Judith is inspiring to me. Beatrijs or Beatrice of Silva is the patron saint of prisoners, with which I hope to work someday. Beatrice is not an OP saint, but she took refuge in the Dominican monastery in Toledo, before founding the monastic Order of the Immaculate Conception of Our Lady.

Also, Beatrijs is a medieval Marian legend from the Low Countries (I´m Dutch). Beatrijs, like nearly all Dutch literature of the Middle Ages, is the work of a Fleming. The legend tells the story of a nun, sacristan of her convent, who, overwhelmed by love, has herself abducted from the convent by a young man whom she had known from childhood. They live happily for seven years and have two children, but when money runs short, the young man deserts her. Beatrijs now has to provide for herself and her children as a ‘ghemeen wijf’, a woman of the streets. For seven years she manages to do so, faithfully praying to the Virgin Mary and reciting the Hours of the Virgin every day. Overcome by remorse she then sets out with her children, begging her way to the region of her former convent. On her arrival she is told that the sacristan is still at the convent, and in three successive visions she is urged to resume her former duties: for all those years the Virgin had been taking her place.

I have a Master´s degree in Dutch linguistics and literature, and always loved this legend when in university. For me, it resembles the struggles one can experience when being called to the religious life. And of course it shows how God and the Virgin Mary will help us, even when we make a bit of a mess of it.

Edited by DominiCanis2