An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

ChristinaTherese

Starting a new thread, because FP pointed out that the old one was getting close to the limit. Here's a link to the old thread for future reference: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/108961-you-know-you-are-a-future-nun/"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/108961-you-know-you-are-a-future-nun/[/url]

When you wonder why there are five postulants from the order that has a community nearby at your parish. (Last I knew there was only one perpetually professed sister and two sisters who I'm assuming are in temporary vows. The sisters are moved around a bit, and I think that the community near here is a novitiate. And, if anyone is wondering, the order is the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT).)

...when your deacon gives his homily on how the focus is all on us and who we are, what we do, and what we have and you're thinking about how none of that matters. Eternity begins in religious life for those who are chosen because none of our possessions or careers can follow us to heaven. You're ready to make that sacrifice of career, family, and possessions to give the focus back to God. ;)

...when the choir starts singing "Be Still My Heart" and you have to stifle back your tears. (the choir has sung that song two weeks in a row during Communion; it gets me everytime)

AccountDeleted

When the community votes and says that you have officially been accepted as a postulant. :P

This is a tease, so please don't anyone go crazy on me! :)

...when you post a prayer request on Facebook and one of your future Sisters (God-willing) responds to tell you the community will be praying and you have to stifle back tears.

I feel so blessed to know them and to have a spiritual powerhouse of prayer praying for my cousin as she goes into surgery this morning at 7:30am ET.

Catholicterp7

...when you can't stop thinking about the vows of "your" community and how  beautiful they are, when you almost have them memorized from reading them so often and when you can say verbatim their vocations video while watching it. 

JMJ+ :heart:  

Katiebobatie94

when your talking to a group of Sisters & they all introduce themselves & then when you introduce yourself you go "Hi I'm Sister - " and then catch yourself.......lolol :D

Catholicterp7

Jaja Katie!! When I was on a discernment retreat with the DSMME my friend Thania did that and she's now a novice with the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara. :) 

when your talking to a group of Sisters & they all introduce themselves & then when you introduce yourself you go "Hi I'm Sister - " and then catch yourself.......lolol :D

LOL, I've done that before!  :hehe2:

When your friend think you are an actaul nun because you were modest regular clothes.

This happens to me all the time even though I am barely a teen :nun3:  :nun3:  :nun3:  :saint:  :saint:  :saint:

Catholicterp7

when though you've never met her nor even been introduced on the phone to her you know that Mother answered the phone not one of the Sisters because you recognize her voice from the youtube video of her that you may or may not have watched over fifteen times.  :blush:

(I know some of the following have already been said, but I like repeating them, because they are part of my life!)  :proud:

When after mass, you stay in the church to give thanks to God for the gift of Himself, and two people come one after the other to tell you that you help them pray and strengthen their faith, and you don't have time to reply anything, because they leave you as soon as they said this...

When random people at church ask you if you want to become a nun, or if you are discerning...

When it makes you sad that you haven't been able to see a nun for 4 months...

When you keep thinking about your community and what they are doing at the current time...

When you think of the way you are going to tell people that you enter the convent and their reactions... :think:

When people ask you what your favorite movie is, and you prefer not to answer for fear they would "guess" if you say "the Nun's story" or "Dialogues de Carmélites"... :blush:

When you want to learn how to make things with hands (sewing, knitting, gardening and all that kind of activities) because you know it is part of the work your sisters do...

that's all I can think of right now.

when you refer to a community as "[my] sisters"

I do that.  :hehe2:

...when you don't want a lot of Christmas presents because you don't want to have to get rid of a lot of stuff if you enter.