An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

DiscerningCatholic

...when you don't want a lot of Christmas presents because you don't want to have to get rid of a lot of stuff if you enter.

Me, this year. I asked for an apron and a brown scapular. :smile3:

...if you get irritated when people react to, "I'm discerning!" as though you said, "I'm expecting!" and once you clarify, they act all disappointed. (Yes, pholks, this has happened to me. 16, no boyfriend..."You're expecting?!") :annoyed: 

...when you get mail from your sisters, do a happy dance in the yard thus causing the neighbors to stare at you, and don't care a bit.

...when you look forward to getting newsletters from the DSMMEs and Nashville Dominicans even though you are not discerning with those communities.

...when you have such a deep love for Mary that you cry while reading about the Annunciation, Visitation, Nativity, and the Presentation.  :)

...when every wall in your room has some religious article hanging on it.  ;)

DiscerningCatholic

...when you look forward to getting newsletters from the DSMMEs and Nashville Dominicans even though you are not discerning with those communities.

I like you. :) :like:

Catholicterp7

When the only things hanging the walls in your room are icons or crucifixes. When you have a prayer shelf or two (mine are the top shelves of my two bookshelves in my room). When your favorite things that you own are either relics (second class of Solanus Casey and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta!) or icons (Our Lady of Guadalupe from Guadalupe Mexico!). When you can't stop smiling because you are soooooo at peace because you finally decided to start discerning with A community instead of discerning communities! :woot: :dance2: :) 

JMJ+ :heart: 

petitpèlerin

When you refer to the brothers living in the priory nearby as "my brothers". Because you think of them as your brothers. And you never even thought about it. Until right now. Hmm.

...when your pastor looks at you when the other priest hands off the Traveling Chalice for Vocations during Mass and everytime religious life is mentioned.

My pastor did it again today.  :hehe2:  :blush:

When, on your entrance day, the Lord proclaims in the Mass readings, "Go up on to a high mountain, Zion!," "Adore the LORD in holy attire," and "Beloved:

The grace of God has appeared, saving all and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age, as we await the blessed hope the appearance of the glory of our great God and savior Jesus Christ."

:love:

Spem in alium

When you receive a personal Christmas card from the monastery's Prioress and community, and besides almost crying, you instantly think of it as a gift from "your sisters". 

When talking or thinking about your discernment just fills you with peace.

When you receive a personal Christmas card from the monastery's Prioress and community, and besides almost crying, you instantly think of it as a gift from "your sisters". 

When talking or thinking about your discernment just fills you with peace.

Yeah, that in the bold.  God is good.

Julie de Sales

-when someone who never met you saw a picture of you and said that you look like a religious person

-when you think that if you will never become a nun you would like to have many children, especially boys, in order to offer them to God

Mary+Immaculate<3

When you cry when you hear the song, "Make You Feel My Love" sung by Adele (written by Bob Dylan), because the words make you think about what Jesus would say :)

Mary+Immaculate<3

-when someone who never met you saw a picture of you and said that you look like a religious person

-when you think that if you will never become a nun you would like to have many children, especially boys, in order to offer them to God

Or when you start being attracted to a guy, bu then you pray to God that he starts discerning priesthood.