An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

TheLordsSouljah
When you are brought to tears for the love of your Lord. :nun1:

When you just can't wait to talk to "your nuns," and you consider this the high point of any day on which it occurs.  

When you feel sad at the end of Mass because you wanted it to go on longer.  
When you daydream about the Lord. <3   :nun1:

:nun3:

When you have several Bibles and other religious items.  

When you get really excited and grin when you see a nun on television or in a movie. (Or when you frown or your mouth drops open if one such nun does something . . . rather un-nunly.)  

When the idea of not being able to have a husband or children of your own doesn't sadden you, because you know that the Lord is the greatest spouse any one could ever wish for.  

When you sometimes find yourself crying with joy during Mass. (That, or grinning with joy! :smile3: :smile4: )  

When you'd rather learn about your faith and research orders than research for a paper. :bounce:

When some of your favourite movies or documentaries are about nuns.  

Ahh, you are a dear sister!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to hug you! :) :) God bless! So when and who are you joining???

Catholicterp7
when you look back over your spiritual life and discernment and wonder at God's grace because there's no way you'd be where you are today without it.

I'm looking back for my autobiography, and I literally have no explanation except undeserved grace. It almost doesn't make sense.

Really the only explanation is God's unfailing love and mercy for us. That's really no explanation at all though! It is such a mystery, this vocation to be His bride, sometimes it's hard for me to grasp what that actually means. What an amazing inexpiable gift from God for no reason other than He loves us!

JMJ+ :heart:  

...when your pastor talks about vocations and your mother is shedding tears because she wants you to be able to answer the call.

This happened today.  I keep telling my mom that I am not sad and I'm not letting it affect me.  I did, however, feel the old familiar nudge again.  Everytime someone talks about consecrated life, my heart skips a beat.  It's going to be such a blessing when it finally happens -- whether I enter a religious order or become a Consecrated Virgin.  All these trials that may seem like mountains at first will just be something to laugh about.  ;)

Renee the Nunnabe
Ahh, you are a dear sister!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to hug you! :) :) God bless! So when and who are you joining???

*hugs*  

I'm still trying to find the community that's right for me. (Which can be frustrating of course, but I'm being patient because I know that God does reveal his plans for us.) It's hard for me to actually, physically visit convents because I don't always have transportation.  

That said, I'm planning to go convent-visiting later this year, so we'll see how that goes. :bounce:  

Catholicterp7
*hugs*  

I'm still trying to find the community that's right for me. (Which can be frustrating of course, but I'm being patient because I know that God does reveal his plans for us.) It's hard for me to actually, physically visit convents because I don't always have transportation.  

That said, I'm planning to go convent-visiting later this year, so we'll see how that goes. :bounce:

I know how that is! I still don't have my license so it's pretty hard for me to get to convents as well. I hope that you'll be able to visit soon and that God will show you His will as you do. I'll be praying! 

What communities are you interested in? (Just because I'm curious and like to hear about other people's experiences, no pressure at all though, if you don't want to share I completely understand!) 

...When spiritual direction is the highlight of your month!  I'm going tomorrow! YAY!! :bounce: 

Renee the Nunnabe
I know how that is! I still don't have my license so it's pretty hard for me to get to convents as well. I hope that you'll be able to visit soon and that God will show you His will as you do. I'll be praying! 

What communities are you interested in? (Just because I'm curious and like to hear about other people's experiences, no pressure at all though, if you don't want to share I completely understand!) 

Thanks. =)  

Ah, so I'm not the only one! I've tried to put off obtaining a license, but it's actually become a bit of a nuisance. :pinch: It makes volunteering and convent visiting more difficult. 

I'm interested in the Dominicans, with the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist being of particular interest to me. The charism of education really appeals to me. I'm mildly interested in the IHM Immaculata, but I'm not sure if they're what I'm seeking. There are a few Discalced Carmelite communities in my geographic region that I'm looking into as well. =)  

What about you?  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

When you write poetry about the goodness of the Lord. :heart:  

Catholicterp7
Thanks. =)  

Ah, so I'm not the only one! I've tried to put off obtaining a license, but it's actually become a bit of a nuisance. :pinch: It makes volunteering and convent visiting more difficult. 

I'm interested in the Dominicans, with the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist being of particular interest to me. The charism of education really appeals to me. I'm mildly interested in the IHM Immaculata, but I'm not sure if they're what I'm seeking. There are a few Discalced Carmelite communities in my geographic region that I'm looking into as well. =)  

What about you?  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

hey, it can be really annoying at times. :wall: 

I'm actually (this is still pretty new/I haven't really told many people so no freaking out guys!!!!) taking a bit of a break from discerning and focusing more on starting a career as an ASL interpreter. I realized there's a few things I need to work out with God before I can start really actively discerning again. Though I'm interested in both the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma and the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa. But who knows where I'll be in a year or two when I'm actually ready. 

JMJ+ :heart 

Catholicterp7
Thanks. =)  

What about you?  

yeah, it can be really annoying at times. :wall:

I'm actually (this is still pretty new/I haven't really told many people so no freaking out guys!!!!) taking a bit of a break from discerning and focusing more on starting a career as an ASL interpreter. I realized there's a few things I need to work out with God before I can start really actively discerning again. Though I'm interested in both the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma and the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa. But who knows where I'll be in a year or two when I'm actually ready. 

ETA I LOVE THE SMME!! :) They're the first community I visited and I like to say that they're my first crush and even though we're not together any more we're still good friends. Also I love to write poetry! 

Edited by Catholicterp7

Renee the Nunnabe
yeah, it can be really annoying at times. :wall:

ETA I LOVE THE SMME!! :) They're the first community I visited and I like to say that they're my first crush and even though we're not together any more we're still good friends. Also I love to write poetry! 

Understandable. =)  

Awesome! =D  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . When you get "crushes" on communities. ;)  

...when the Sister you have been emailing all week says she's leaving town for a few days so you won't hear from her until her return and you start missing her already.  :blush:

when you mail a letter to a sister and the next day wonder if you got a letter back...or maybe this is just a product of our technological society and not using snail mail for letters. 

when you mail a letter to a sister and the next day wonder if you got a letter back...or maybe this is just a product of our technological society and not using snail mail for letters. 

I've done this, too.  ;)

I'm learning to time my letters so they will arrive either the day before "privilege" day or the day of. That way they have time to write me back!

Catholicterp7
Understandable. =)  

Awesome! =D  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . When you get "crushes" on communities. ;)

Yeah, I've had crushes on lots of communities... :P 

When the most exciting moment of the week is when you get snail mail from one of your best friends who's now a Poor Clare :)