An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

ToJesusMyHeart

When the sisters don't want you to leave after a retreat, and when you warn them that they can't get rid off you, and they say that they don't want to.  :hehe2:  and you will be back in 26 days to spend a week with them

And when your told that you should be able to enter after high school by the vocation director!!!!  :woot:  :nun2:  :dance:

Which order?

When you go over to the permanent deacon's house and his wife ask you if you are discerning.... 

DiscerningCatholic

She answered all of the 20+ questions I threw at her yesterday, sometimes in a lot of detail. So amesome :)

None of them would answer most of my questions...they'd all just say, "You'll find out when you enter." <_<

Spem in alium

None of them would answer most of my questions...they'd all just say, "You'll find out when you enter." <_<

Could just be because she's Benedictine and therefore awesome by default. :P

Naww. I guess that just means you may have more surprises! :)

Edited by Spem in alium

DiscerningCatholic

Could just be because she's Benedictine and therefore amesome by default. :P

Naww. I guess that just means you may have more surprises! :)

Nope. According to DS, it's "Dominican code." :|

Spem in alium

When you have such conversations while visiting your grandparents.

Grandfather: So, what do you want to do after you finish your study?

Me: Uh...I'm not sure if you know, but I plan to enter a convent.

Grandmother (excitedly): I had suspected you were thinking that for a while! But I didn't want to say anything!  :hehe2:

Grandmother (to grandfather): Maybe she wants to stay with us forever.
Grandfather: But if she stays, she can't be a nun!

I actually suspected they had some kind of idea, because the amount of religious things they pass on to me is just phenomenal :P

When you have such conversations while visiting your grandparents.

Grandfather: So, what do you want to do after you finish your study?

Me: Uh...I'm not sure if you know, but I plan to enter a convent.

Grandmother (excitedly): I had suspected you were thinking that for a while! But I didn't want to say anything!  :hehe2:

Grandmother (to grandfather): Maybe she wants to stay with us forever.
Grandfather: But if she stays, she can't be a nun!

I actually suspected they had some kind of idea, because the amount of religious things they pass on to me is just phenomenal :P

I ran out of props...

You grandparents sound a lot like mine, my grandmother is trying to get me to enter the Nashies. I like Bennies not Doms...

DiscerningCatholic

I like Bennies not Doms...

:nono: Watchu got against OPs?

:P

ChristinaTherese

When you don't even twitch when someone calls you "Sr. [Name]" except to respond normally. (I've gotten used to the title Sister in the context of the Legion of Mary, but this was outside of there....)

When you change your facebook relationship status to "It's Complicated" with "Jesus Christ". (Someone I have little contact with except through fb sorta-kinda told me that he has a crush on me and probably has for a good while around a month ago.... I thought it might help.)

Spem in alium

I ran out of props...

You grandparents sound a lot like mine, my grandmother is trying to get me to enter the Nashies. I like Bennies not Doms...

Haha, thanks :) I think I am a Bennie too :P

When you feel like you can tell people you're hoping to enter a convent when they ask you what your life plans are. As a relatively private person, this is a fairly big step for me.

When you are being considered for postulancy with the Sovereign Military Order of Malta! It's a lay religious order [but religious and clergy can join :) ], and if all goes well I may be invested in two years' time! 

Oh goodness!  I am currently in formation for Malta (Class of 2014) and hopefully will be invested in October 2014 if all goes according to plan.  You must have 2 sponsors who are  a Knight or a Dame of Malta - it's by invitation.  I'm planning to go on the Lourdes pilgrimage next spring and am currently working at Malta-sponsored soup kitchen and medical mission as my service projects.  Besides the copious amount of documentation, references, and other paperwork involved in being considered for Formation and eventually membership, it's pretty costly as well.  But I'm excited and loving it!  There are 4 of us from the Milwaukee area in formation for the Federal Association (we are members of the Chicago region).  I'm also planning to work with Malta in New Orleans on rebuilding homes devastated by the hurricane.

Spem in alium

Oh goodness!  I am currently in formation for Malta (Class of 2014) and hopefully will be invested in October 2014 if all goes according to plan.  You must have 2 sponsors who are  a Knight or a Dame of Malta - it's by invitation.  I'm planning to go on the Lourdes pilgrimage next spring and am currently working at Malta-sponsored soup kitchen and medical mission as my service projects.  Besides the copious amount of documentation, references, and other paperwork involved in being considered for Formation and eventually membership, it's pretty costly as well.  But I'm excited and loving it!  There are 4 of us from the Milwaukee area in formation for the Federal Association (we are members of the Chicago region).  I'm also planning to work with Malta in New Orleans on rebuilding homes devastated by the hurricane.

Congratulations! :) My father and his parents are all members (my dad's family is Maltese, so it's kind of nice to be associated with the Order). The Australian Association has just had their biannual National Assembly and it was a real privilege for me to attend. My dad's nominated me so I have sent off all my information and have an interview in a couple of weeks with the view to be invested as a Donat (due to my age and student status). And it's great that you're planning on going to Lourdes!!!!!! I would love to go someday! We're hoping to get more people going - especially more Australian malades. If I'm not mistaken, I believe there are around 300 members in Aus.

FutureFranciscan:)

When your wishing that your spiritual mother could come check out the art class your teaching bc u miss her, then she walks in a few minutes later with another sister who will be taking a later class with you  :nun:

ProudlyCatholicCellist

... when you're talking about the community you're discerning with and accidentally refer to them as 'us' and 'we'