An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

RoseOfGuadalupe

You go on a discernment retreat, get used to calling everyone "sister," go home and start addressing your family as such

RoseOfGuadalupe

I had like three. :P In one of them they were re-designing the postulant outfit and I was the guinea pig.

That one, at least, I was glad wasn't real. :P

I have so many dreams of being a Dominican in the Carmel

young_and_faithful_

[quote name="ToJesusMyHeart" post="2639453" timestamp="1385441559"]

When you go see Catching Fire and the first thing in your mind after it's over is "Oh no! When the third movie comes out, I won't be able to see it because I'll (if I get accepted) be in the convent!"

(Anticipated release for part 1 is November 21, 2014 and part two will be released on November 20, 2015. Entrance will be August 2014.

All for Jesus. ;)[/quote\]

Just saw the Hobbit Part 2 with my Bestfriends and as they said "we have to catch the next premiere in 9 months" and that was my exact thought! I won't be here!! Hahaha

Julie de Sales

When you go with another 5 young girls to a monastery in order to make a surprise to the sisters for Christmas, and in the train you prepare the christmas carols you are about to sing to them. And when she saw us, the Mother Superior said: "What a great bunch of postulants!"  :nun:

ToJesusMyHeart

You know when you're a future nun when you will be entering the convent on Saturday, September 6, 2014 at 11am EST. :)

Ancilla Domini

You know when you're a future nun when you will be entering the convent on Saturday, September 6, 2014 at 11am EST. :)

:yahoo:

DiscerningCatholic

When you catch yourself singing Latin and chant in the shower. Lately, it's been "Pange Lingua", what I know of "Dies Irae" (don't judge me), "Veni, Veni, Emmanuel", and the Dominican "Salve Regina." 

:| 

NO SHAME.

And when your friend describes the color of the habit and you scream the name of the community and it's right...and then your friend be all :blink: "Um...yeah"

Ancilla Domini

When you catch yourself singing Latin and chant in the shower. Lately, it's been "Pange Lingua", what I know of "Dies Irae" (don't judge me), "Veni, Veni, Emmanuel", and the Dominican "Salve Regina."

Oh my gosh, this happened to me!!! (Only not in the shower.) I was on line at a museum to get my coat from the coat-rack, and this woman in front of me turns around and says, "You have a lovely voice." I was completely confused until she told me she had heard me humming the "Sicut Cervus." (Not only was I singing without knowing it, but I was singing Latin! :winner:)

DiscerningCatholic

Oh my gosh, this happened to me!!! (Only not in the shower.) I was on line at a museum to get my coat from the coat-rack, and this woman in front of me turns around and says, "You have a lovely voice." I was completely confused until she told me she had heard me humming the "Sicut Cervus." (Not only was I singing without knowing it, but I was singing Latin! :winner:)

Was it the crazy Sicut Cervus by Palestrina? That piece is CRAZY! I'm convinced that Palestrina must have been a genius to compose something like that and have it sound beautiful. The melody never stays with the same voice part! :wacko:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

Ancilla Domini

Was it the crazy Sicut Cervus by Palestrina? That piece is CRAZY! I'm convinced that Palestrina must have been a genius to compose something like that and have it sound beautiful. The melody never stays with the same voice part! :wacko:

Haha! Yep, that was the one. :D It's pretty insane, but soooo gorgeous!! Palestrina was fantastic. :)

• 1 month later...

The folks producing "Manalive: The Movie" keep delaying and delaying...I was sooooo interested in seeing that one.  :sad:

domenica_therese

...when you really want to pray the LOTH in a community and at regular times in the day.

We started doing this recently at our university and I am so grateful for it. :)