An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

When it breaks your heart because you can't get to daily Mass.

I experience the same thing.  I'd love to attend daily Mass at my parish but I don't have my own car anymore and my parish is too far away to walk (7 miles).  Also, no one from my parish lives in a close proximity to me AND attends daily Mass.  It stinks...  :(

FutureSister2009

When you know you're going to be visiting with a Community next week and you have 4 tests to worry about before and you're worried you won't be able to focus on them. (Yes this is happening right now)

When you think it's cool to be chatting with Sisters via Facebook. (also true story)

When you consider the table you're sitting at in your school cafeteria that's full of Sisters to be the "Cool Table" (another true story)

When you ask for Veggie Tales videos for Christmas and your birthday with the intention of using them someday when you become a Religion Teacher (again this is all my life story right here)

Spem in alium

When you think it's cool to be chatting with Sisters via Facebook. (also true story)

Haha! One of the Sisters I met while I was abroad added me on FB. It brightened up my day so much :)

Mary Catherine Eddyblouin

When you have trouble explaining why you don't want to go to college

When, after having a weekend retreat at a monastery (monks :( ) you look at the clock and think, "oh, they're praying sext now" with longing 

When you refer to an order as "your nuns" !

When you're distracted with what order to enter and have trouble with becoming distracted by researching orders instead of doing homework  :P

When you have to lamely say, "Oh, I just went to Mass" after someone asks why you're smiling so big

When you don't know which community to write to first! or all at once? 

When you discuss orders like your friends discuss boys.  :)

ChristinaTherese

When you don't like being asked what you do outside of school (on weekends and whatever) because you don't want to say that it's really mostly Mass and Adoration. And Liturgy of the Hours, but that's so pervasive it hardly counts.

When you don't like being asked questions in Spanish like "What would you do with a million dollars?" or "What do you want in a boyfriend/husband?" because what you want is to toss all that aside and sing something about Holy Poverty and Saint Francis.

When it makes you happy that a nun addressed you and some others in an email as "my Sisters."

When the last few times you remember being told that you're pretty/beautiful were after Mass or Adoration. (Granted, there have probably been other times and more recently, but that happened something like three times in a row last school year.)

Kylie Spinelli

When you're distracted with what order to enter and have trouble with becoming distracted by researching orders instead of doing homework   :P

When you have to lamely say, "Oh, I just went to Mass" after someone asks why you're smiling so big

When you discuss orders like your friends discuss boys.   :)

AHH lol These are my life!!!

I hardly ever get my homework done without wandering off at least once to look up pictures of "my" nuns, or looking at orders... LOL

And LOL! when people ask me what I am going to do over the weekend, it usually come out like this: "Well, I have to work Saturday morning, and then I'm going to Confession and then Cantoring / EM'ing Mass! Then Sunday I'll [insert awesome Church / Jesus-related activity here]. And they just look at me like :unsure:

LOL I do this, except I'm the only one in my school who is openly discerning religious life... (Catholic Desert!!!) so it's mostly just me fan-girling over orders/nuns and people looking at me like I'm from outerspace... Well, He didn't say Not Of This World for nothing! ;)

Glad to see a new face on PM! Welcome and God bless!! 

This happened to me once before. My friend and I were discussing her boyfriend and then she asked me about how things were going between me and what I hope will be my future community. It was just so funny how we naturally switched from "guy" talk to "convent" talk and it didn't seem like we were completely changing the subject. I think the people around me at the airport though I was quite odd. LOL.

When you have trouble explaining why you don't want to go to college

When, after having a weekend retreat at a monastery (monks :( ) you look at the clock and think, "oh, they're praying sext now" with longing 

When you refer to an order as "your nuns" !

When you're distracted with what order to enter and have trouble with becoming distracted by researching orders instead of doing homework   :P

When you don't know which community to write to first! or all at once? 

Welcome!

I think the people around me at the airport though I was quite odd. LOL.

I was with friends on the metro when we were in DC for the March, and we were talking about religious life because we had just stopped to pray at the PCPA on the way back from the Franciscans of the Holy Land monastery. I was explaining to my friend that the whole community is not praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament 24/7 and stuff, and I couldn't look at the two strangers sitting right next to me because they must have thought us so strange! I was in that awkward seat facing inward right in front of these two people facing forward/me...

when you just want to go spend the day with your sisters because you miss them so much even if it's against your parents' wishes.

when you feel more at home at the monastery than anywhere else.

Julie de Sales

When you wake up one day and you have the strange feeling/conviction that you are supposed to be a nun. ( it happened a couple of days ago...)
When you discover that the desire of getting married and having children is far less intense than the desire to become a nun.
When, in the past, you thought that you have made to much sins to still be accepted as a bride of Christ, but now you realize how God still entertains the desire to consecrate your life to Him and that He is much more faithful than us.

DiscerningCatholic

When you're not sure how to respond to the question, "Are you in a relationship?"

"Well, I'm not single, if that's what you're asking."

"Then who is heeeee????? :evil: "

"Um...well, you can't exactly see Him in person...I mean, like, as a human being..."

"Honey, what are you talking about?"

"It's complicated."

:nun:

FutureSister2009

When you're not sure how to respond to the question, "Are you in a relationship?"

"Well, I'm not single, if that's what you're asking."

"Then who is heeeee????? :evil: "

"Um...well, you can't exactly see Him in person...I mean, like, as a human being..."

"Honey, what are you talking about?"

"It's complicated."

:nun:

Well since I am not quite ready to share my relationship with Christ to the whole world yet, I have put that I am in a relationship on Facebook but only I can see it.

Renee the Nunnabe

When your friends tell you they can see you as a nun.  

When you make a prayer veil and it inadvertently ends up looking like a nun's veil. (Thus I haven't worn it to Mass . . . though I did decide to wear it yesterday around the house, and it made me look like a sister.)  

When your teacher hands out an anonymous survey and one of the questions asks what you're going to do later on as far as education or careers go, and you pick 'other' fill in 'become a Catholic Sister.' The people who read the surveys are probably going to think I was pulling their leg.  

When nuns or sisters have you on their Christmas card mailing list.