An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

FutureSister2009

When you're obsessed with the Imagine Sisters website and you can't stop looking at pictures!

When you think about how the Sisters are spending their Ash Wednesday!

FutureSister2009

Double posting because I got another one which I may or may not have posted in this original thread.

When the wallpaper on your cellphone is a picture of Christ in the Eucharist in the Monstrance in your Parish's Adoration Chapel. Because girls who have boyfriends usually have their pictures on their cellphones

DiscerningCatholic

When you're mad because adoration doesn't happen on Thursdays...and Valentine's Day 2013 falls on a Thursday. 

When you are disappointed when you realize that you haven't seen a sister with ashes.

When you have a field day whenever your sisters or Imagine Sisters puts up new pictures.

FutureSister2009

When you have a field day whenever your sisters or Imagine Sisters puts up new pictures.

Which happens nearly every day. And I have one going off of this,

When you're bummed that you gave up Facebook for Lent because you can't look at the Imagine Sisters page every day.

When you come back from a Come and See weekend and you realized you left a piece of your heart at the Convent :cloud9:  :cry:

...when you start seeing nuns of "your order" everywhere... even when they aren't actually there....

...when the time it will be until you are old enough to enter "your order" seems so frighteningly close, and yet so far away that every second seems like a millennium.

...when, after spending time with the sisters in "your order" for the day, you go into a state of shock from being dropped back to daily life.

...when you are going to be attending the ND retreat in May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: 

:nun1:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

#hallucinatesisters

:nun:

domenica_therese

When the different religious orders pray for you to find someone good to marry when you aren't interested in their pamphlets; but you actually just know you're not called to their charism.  :smile3:

When you bake the nuns lasagna and run around campus hanging up flyers for them.

Edited by domenica_therese

FutureSister2009

When you look at different names for Religious Names the same way parents look at different names for their child!

DiscerningCatholic

...when you start seeing nuns of "your order" everywhere... even when they aren't actually there....

...when the time it will be until you are old enough to enter "your order" seems so frighteningly close, and yet so far away that every second seems like a millennium.

...when, after spending time with the sisters in "your order" for the day, you go into a state of shock from being dropped back to daily life.

...when you are going to be attending the ND retreat in May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

:nun1:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

#hallucinatesisters

:nun:

I DO THIS ALL THE TIME. One time I thought I saw a Dominican, but it was just a girl with really long dark hair. :( And I can sympathize with everything else up there, such as it seeming like forever til you can enter. :hmmm:

When you look at different names for Religious Names the same way parents look at different names for their child!

OMW I do this all the time, too! I came up with another one yesterday: Sr. Maria Pierina. Maria for Maria Goretti and Pierina for Bl. Pierina Morosini. :smile3:

TheLordsSouljah

NAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA............... when you just want to see a sister who is wearing a habit.......... **HUMUNGOUS CRY**

nb... when you actually just want to see a sister at all!        :pray:     :beg:  :sad2:  :sad:     :cry4:   :cry3: 

FutureSister2009

When you're enjoying the possibility of visiting 4 convents in one year!

When the thought of visiting convents is suddenly comforting.

TheresaThoma

Your mother has practically forbidden you to buy or make any more black skirts.
And you get super excited when you find out that Sisters will be staffing the new parish school!

FutureSister2009

When you're standing in Bath England and you get really excited to see a nun walking by! (yes this actually happened today. I wanted to take a picture!)