Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What Ring Should I Get?

Which ring message?   33 votes

1. 1. Message?

• I Am My Beloveds and My Beloveds is Mine
    • My Heart is Yours Forever

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I am looking for a new ring to show my promise to God and I am kind of stuck as to what to get.  There are quite a few nice ones.  Fortunately, I narrowed it down to a few choices.  I just wanted to know which ring you would pick.  :)

Posted

After doing some reading on this subject..it seem like that motto was the most popular!

Posted

They both look lovely. I'd just go for whatever looks prettier/more adjustable if it doesn't fit/cheaper.

Posted

My friend had a ring that said, "I am my Beloveds..." and I loved that ring.  I searched high and lo for a ring like that and was unable to find one at the time that I could afford.  However, I fell in love with the one that said "My Heart is Yours Forever."  The only difference between the two is that I can find the first one in sterling silver.  The other is in stainless steel.  I like silver best. 

Posted

Well, most of the votes so far are for the "I Am My Beloveds" ring.  If I get it, I'm not sure whether to get it in English or Hebrew as it is available in both.

Posted

Is there supposed to be a picture of the rings or is it just the inscription? 

Posted

Here's a site with a very wide variety of rings, some with prices that would, as my mother was used to say, choke a horse, but there are a few that are quite reasonable, given the materials used in them.  And here's another.

Posted

I like the second one. :)

Posted

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.

Posted

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.  :hehe2:

Posted

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.  :hehe2:

Posted

They are all lovely, but personally I like 4 and 5.  Remember, sterling tarnishes very easily unless it's got a protective coating on it.  

And if the ring is done in steel, you'd have less of a chance of an allergic reaction.  Just my two cents :))

Posted

Talk it over with your spiritual director?  That's what I would do, and make a choice that way.

Posted

Is #5 a spinner?  Spinners are cool, the one you like is rad too.

Posted

Talk it over with your spiritual director?  That's what I would do, and make a choice that way.

Unfortunately, that's not an option for me because I don't have a spiritual director.  :)

Posted (edited)

They are all lovely, but personally I like 4 and 5.  Remember, sterling tarnishes very easily unless it's got a protective coating on it.  

And if the ring is done in steel, you'd have less of a chance of an allergic reaction.  Just my two cents :))

That's good advice, thanks.  I don't react to sterling silver but I don't like when it tarnishes.  I'm going to make a decision soon.  I'm leaning towards the one that has both Hebrew and English but I found another website that has a Hebrew stainless steel ring for $9.95 so I might go with that.  ;)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Posted (edited)

I like #2.  I would suggest if you haven't already considered this, that you wear it on a finger without marriage/engagement significance in your own culture.  But maybe I'm biased, considering that the only visible insignia consecrated virgins receive/wear daily is their wedding ring.  It takes a lot - and a public vocation in the Church to get to the ring point whether one is a engaged/married woman or religious.  I would also say that when I was traveling outside of my own culture, I did wear a silver band prior to my consecration but am not sure whether that really gave me any additional protection from unwanted attentions.

Edited by abrideofChrist