Photo

What Ring Should I Get?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Which ring message?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Message?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MaterMisericordiae

MaterMisericordiae

+ Visitation +

• Church Militant
  • 8,785 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

I am looking for a new ring to show my promise to God and I am kind of stuck as to what to get.  There are quite a few nice ones.  Fortunately, I narrowed it down to a few choices.  I just wanted to know which ring you would pick.  :)

#2 nikita92

nikita92

PM Super Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 793 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

After doing some reading on this subject..it seem like that motto was the most popular!

#3 Christina Thérèse

Christina Thérèse

PM Super Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 1,522 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

They both look lovely. I'd just go for whatever looks prettier/more adjustable if it doesn't fit/cheaper.

#4 MaterMisericordiae

MaterMisericordiae

+ Visitation +

• Church Militant
  • 8,785 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

My friend had a ring that said, "I am my Beloveds..." and I loved that ring.  I searched high and lo for a ring like that and was unable to find one at the time that I could afford.  However, I fell in love with the one that said "My Heart is Yours Forever."  The only difference between the two is that I can find the first one in sterling silver.  The other is in stainless steel.  I like silver best. 

#5 MaterMisericordiae

MaterMisericordiae

+ Visitation +

• Church Militant
  • 8,785 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Well, most of the votes so far are for the "I Am My Beloveds" ring.  If I get it, I'm not sure whether to get it in English or Hebrew as it is available in both.

#6 Mary+Immaculate<3

Mary+Immaculate<3

PM Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 505 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Ooohh...You should get Hebrew!

#7 Mary's Margaret

Mary's Margaret

PM Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Is there supposed to be a picture of the rings or is it just the inscription? 

#8 Antigonos

Antigonos

PM Alien

• Cordial Non-Catholic
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Here's a site with a very wide variety of rings, some with prices that would, as my mother was used to say, choke a horse, but there are a few that are quite reasonable, given the materials used in them.  And here's another.

#9 MaterMisericordiae

MaterMisericordiae

+ Visitation +

• Church Militant
  • 8,785 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Is there supposed to be a picture of the rings or is it just the inscription? 

So far, I've only posted the inscription.  Here are the pictures of the Hebrew rings that I've bookmarked:

Ring #1

Ring #2

Ring #3

Ring #4 (I'm leaning towards this one because it's sterling silver)

Ring #5

Edited by MaterMisericordiae, 29 November 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#10 i<3franciscans

i<3franciscans

PM Pham

• Church Militant
  • 2,846 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

I like the second one. :)

#11 Mary's Margaret

Mary's Margaret

PM Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.

#12 Mary's Margaret

Mary's Margaret

PM Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.  :hehe2:

#13 Mary's Margaret

Mary's Margaret

PM Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.  :hehe2:

#14 Francis Clare

Francis Clare

PM Alien

• Church Militant
  • 723 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

They are all lovely, but personally I like 4 and 5.  Remember, sterling tarnishes very easily unless it's got a protective coating on it.  

And if the ring is done in steel, you'd have less of a chance of an allergic reaction.  Just my two cents :))

#15 ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

PM Pham

• Chummy Commoner
  • 2,046 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I like ring #5. :)

#16 cmaD2006

cmaD2006

I Can Change My Own Title Now

• Church Militant
  • 3,248 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Talk it over with your spiritual director?  That's what I would do, and make a choice that way.

#17 Freedom

Freedom

PM Super Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 835 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Is #5 a spinner?  Spinners are cool, the one you like is rad too.

#18 MaterMisericordiae

MaterMisericordiae

+ Visitation +

• Church Militant
  • 8,785 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Talk it over with your spiritual director?  That's what I would do, and make a choice that way.

Unfortunately, that's not an option for me because I don't have a spiritual director.  :)

#19 MaterMisericordiae

MaterMisericordiae

+ Visitation +

• Church Militant
  • 8,785 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

They are all lovely, but personally I like 4 and 5.  Remember, sterling tarnishes very easily unless it's got a protective coating on it.  

And if the ring is done in steel, you'd have less of a chance of an allergic reaction.  Just my two cents :))

That's good advice, thanks.  I don't react to sterling silver but I don't like when it tarnishes.  I'm going to make a decision soon.  I'm leaning towards the one that has both Hebrew and English but I found another website that has a Hebrew stainless steel ring for $9.95 so I might go with that.  ;)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae, 02 December 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#20 abrideofChrist

abrideofChrist

PM Alien

• n00b
  • 538 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

I like #2.  I would suggest if you haven't already considered this, that you wear it on a finger without marriage/engagement significance in your own culture.  But maybe I'm biased, considering that the only visible insignia consecrated virgins receive/wear daily is their wedding ring.  It takes a lot - and a public vocation in the Church to get to the ring point whether one is a engaged/married woman or religious.  I would also say that when I was traveling outside of my own culture, I did wear a silver band prior to my consecration but am not sure whether that really gave me any additional protection from unwanted attentions.

Edited by abrideofChrist, 05 December 2012 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users