An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Ring Should I Get?

OnlySunshine

Which ring message?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am looking for a new ring to show my promise to God and I am kind of stuck as to what to get.  There are quite a few nice ones.  Fortunately, I narrowed it down to a few choices.  I just wanted to know which ring you would pick.  :)

My friend had a ring that said, "I am my Beloveds..." and I loved that ring.  I searched high and lo for a ring like that and was unable to find one at the time that I could afford.  However, I fell in love with the one that said "My Heart is Yours Forever."  The only difference between the two is that I can find the first one in sterling silver.  The other is in stainless steel.  I like silver best. 

Well, most of the votes so far are for the "I Am My Beloveds" ring.  If I get it, I'm not sure whether to get it in English or Hebrew as it is available in both.

Here's a site with a very wide variety of rings, some with prices that would, as my mother was used to say, choke a horse, but there are a few that are quite reasonable, given the materials used in them.  And here's another.

Is there supposed to be a picture of the rings or is it just the inscription? 

So far, I've only posted the inscription.  Here are the pictures of the Hebrew rings that I've bookmarked:

Ring #1

Ring #2

Ring #3

Ring #4 (I'm leaning towards this one because it's sterling silver)

Ring #5

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Mary's Margaret

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.

Mary's Margaret

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.  :hehe2:

Mary's Margaret

Thanks for posting them, MM.  They are all lovely. The last has the inscription in Hebrew on outside, and English inside which is nice.  I can see how you're having a difficult time deciding...and I'm not much help!  Still, when it comes right down to it, it's the meaning that's important and with that held dear in your heart, even a cracker jack ring would be wonderful.  :hehe2:

They are all lovely, but personally I like 4 and 5.  Remember, sterling tarnishes very easily unless it's got a protective coating on it.  

And if the ring is done in steel, you'd have less of a chance of an allergic reaction.  Just my two cents :))