An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters Of The Heart Of Jesus

Julie de Sales

Julie de Sales

I know that some of you heard about this wonderful religious congregation and in January these sisters will reopen a convent in Rome!! I just love their spirituality.

Even if it’s in Italian, maybe you will enjoy this video http://gloria.tv/?media=189850 and if you have some questions about them I could answer. 

Thank goodness the Order of Malta cape/mantilla is black! I would get that beautiful white habit filthy dirty before you could blink your eyes. And that's why I don't own too much that's white or cream colored ;)

Thank you for posting this, the video is beautiful.  They have a beautiful charism.  I especially like their name.  I wouldn't do well with the white either I believe.

Does someone perhaps know if this is filmed entirely in Italy? The part where you see the body of Blessed Mary of Jesus is not, she is in Antwerp so they must have visited the Antwerp convent too. I'm asking just out of curiosity, because I recognise the ciborium the sister is filling with hosts on 9:20. It looks rather eastern and has a little cup in the middle for Our Lords Blood, so the priest can dip the hosts in it when he gives communion. I know this priest, he also celebrates some sort of orthodox Mass, wich explains the "eastern" ciborium. I can't imagine 2 independant convents would use exactly the same strange ciborium.

Julie de Sales

I believe the movie is filmed entirely in Italy and the image with the body of Blessed Mary of Jesus is actually a picture that i have seen on the Internet. For the ciborium, i don't know, maybe there is a conincidence. 

It appears to be entirely shot in the convent in Italy.  I suspect that that they use that ciborium so the Sisters can receive our Lord under both species by intinction. 

The City of Venice, has MANY eastern influences, including in St. Mark's Basilica.  It's also possible that the Sisters in Antwerp gave them a copy as a present.... 

But maybe someone knows for sure?

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Notice in the last picture, two of the nuns have no cross around their necks and the one nearest the camera seems to have a blue embroidery on her scapular instead of the red. Are these sisters novices?

• 1 year later...