An Old School Catholic Message Board

In The Wake Of This Tragedy

kujo

The choice must be made while one is alive. I do not think I implied otherwise.

I wasn't being a smartass was just honestly wondering because so many people are optimistic this guy might make it to heaven. If he had to repent before he died I'm guessing its a .00001 percent shot that he did.

We need to do more to disarm the mentally ill.

He didn't own the guns; his mother did. She was, presumably, not mentally ill.

I wasn't being a smartass was just honestly wondering because so many people are optimistic this guy might make it to heaven. If he had to repent before he died I'm guessing its a .00001 percent shot that he did.

It is really not our place to speculate.

The mentally ill purchasing guns is a separate issues from the really sick role that the arm's industry plays in fueling these sorts of tragedies.  And much worse ones.  

theculturewarrior

His mother armed him.  That could have been prevented.  We can do more.  I do not blame her.  Nobody ever sees this kind of thing coming.

Edited by theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

Keeping guns in the house with someone with mental illness is kind of like keeping guns in the house with a curious child, except the stakes are higher if the disabled American has an episode.

Edited by theculturewarrior

so its mental illness why he did this ? so I should feel sorry for him ? Surely satan has mental illness. So I should feel sorry for him too. Heck if I look at it how you do mabey God will forgive satan too in the end and this suffering this earth has seen will all be 4 nothing.

You should read this page about Charles Whitman the University of Texas shooter. When they examined his brain, they saw he was in the last stages of fatal brain cancer. It's not a matter you can dispute - we can say with pretty near certainty that his actions were the result of a medical condition.

No one, especially me, has the right to say "Where was God?" but the families of the victims.

I'm not saying where was God...I ws only responding to cultural warrior when he was saying how sorry he felt for the shooter and how he hopes he makes it to heaven or something like that...I don't blame God at all...God is good...

Really easy to take the longview when it wasn't your 6 year old whose brains were splattered on the walls of the art classroom.

Well, if you think about it, the Holocaust happened 70 years ago, before most of us on this board were born. If those of us here who are Christians, were also Christians yesterday, we can't really say "This clinches it, God is dead!" without being even bigger hypocrites than most secularists suppose up to be. Worse things have happened than this, much worse, and yet we still believed in God knowing they had. We've got to at least be consistent.

I'm not saying where was God...I ws only responding to cultural warrior when he was saying how sorry he felt for the shooter and how he hopes he makes it to heaven or something like that...I don't blame God at all...God is good...

Oh, I know, I wasn't talking to you, more to myself really.

theculturewarrior

I hope that all mankind goes to Heaven.