An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will Be Writing Sr. Marigold .... Will Mail On Saturday 12-23

AnneLine

Hi, all,

Where DOES the time go????

I'm just getting to my Christmas cards, and will be sending one to Sr. Margold.  I am a bad 'extern' but will be sending her Christmas greetings & updates from all here....

Feel free to post in this thread if you want to add a special greeting... or to send me a PM -- but PM box is pretty full.  If you have an earlier thread, I'd appreciate it if you'd re-use it because it doesn't add to the PM box that way.  Thanks!

Blessings to all  !!!!!

Edited by AnneLine

Hi, NIkita and all,

I'm actually behind on my Christmas mail, so it is not too late if anyone still wants to add a comment for a letter for Sr. Marigold.

Nikita, Marigold (Now 'Sr. Marigold') was the screenname for Phatmasser who entered a Russian Orthodox community.  She was very active on Phatmass before she entered, and we prayed hard for the resolution for the visa problems she had before she could leave Britain for the U.S. to enter.  She helped us to really undertand waht the Orthodox monastic vocation looked like, much as Sr. Juchu did for her Lutheran community.  I think it was a surprise for many of us to find out that some non-Catholics have monastic and/or religious communities! 

Sr. Juchu has some limited internet access (she reads and posts occasionally) but Marigold (or  Sr. Marigold) does not.  Because she did not want to have her community posted on Phatmass, she has given me her real name and her snail mail address, and I promised to send her a letter a few times a year; she hopes to be able to respond maybe once a year.  I'm still hoping to get it out within the week... so she'll ahve it for Orthodox Christmas on Jan 6....

Fairly typical access, as many of us know, for non-family members of cloistered religious.

If you or any of the other newer people want to know more, do a google search for 'Marigold' "phatmass' and 'Orthodox' and I bet you will pull up her thread.  Lots of good info on there!

Thanks for asking, and I hope you had a fantastic Christmas!!!!!